[Crashing PC] - Cannot do anything in a game without crashing within 1 minute

ghostblazer7ghostblazer7 Marysville, WA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215631Members
I'm really trying to keep my cool, as my son spent months saving up the $20 to play this game, and we ended up spending an entire weekend trying to get the game to work with NO success. He's been very upset as this was something he was looking forward to for months.

The game crashes after loading into a game and climbing up the ladder and seeing the ocean. Sometimes I can submerge into the water more than 30 seconds, but then it freezes, then it crashes and shuts off.

Here are things I've tried/tested with no luck:
- Logged in as an Admin
- Tried ALL game modes several times
- Tried "experiemental" mode
- Tried to uninstall and install it many times
- Tried changing monitor configurations, removing 1 of the 2 monitors
- Tried reading through every forum with people having the same complaints
- Using minimal settings for graphics
- This computer is built to handle PC games made today and has been able to play other games with no issues, especially via Steam.
- Plenty of HD space, as it has been reformatted and I save everything via Dropbox aside from games.
- Using regular mode NOT VR mode.
- Tried adding -force-d3d9 in the properties when right clicking the game icon
- Checked and Updated Video Driver
- Reformatted computer
- Restarted the computer a million times ahhh

Here is the output_log.txt file: http://pastebin.com/4s5Lu7Fc

I would really appreciate it if you make my sons day or provide a refund for the purchase. (I prefer to have it fixed since my son is obsessed with Subnautica (watching the YouTube videos of people playing).

Thank you!

Comments

• andrewwayandrewway Adelaide, SA Join Date: 2016-03-19 Member: 214482Members
    I have the Geforce nVidia GTX 650 Ti (almost the same as your 550 Ti) and have the same problem - although I can go between 1-30 minutes without a crash. Normally each time I surface or get back to a base I save.

You may also notice when you press Esc that the mouse comes up, and you can possibly still hear the game audio in the background.

http://forums.unknownworlds.com/discussion/141580/bug-game-crashes-after-a-few-minutes-play-with-display-driver-not-responding-31316#latest

For me it's been like this since mid-March when I purchased it. I'm holding out for the xbox version where video drivers and all the complexity that goes with it go away.

I see youtubers playing game after game without fear of a crash and I'm so jealous...

Me: "oooh. Moonpool fragment scanned... better save..."

I'll favourite your post and if I come across something else I'll let you know - we seem to have some similarities (dual displays, video card, everything else runs nice).
  • cherv-sapercherv-saper Moscow, RF Join Date: 2015-05-04 Member: 204167Members
    edited April 2016
    Hi guys! I want to share my research about crashes of Unity engine in other games. I found and tried. Adding "-force-d3d9" to startup parameters of game in steam library really helped - many hours of game - no crashes!
    I have nVidia 660.
    Please try it! And if it will help we must not allow developers remove d3d9 support from game!

UPD: Today, after update, i tried to play without this parameter, and again, game crashed after i've crossed reef and approached kelp forest, moving from floating island in seamoth... I had only a few minutes to wonder beautiful waves on blister...
  • ghostblazer7ghostblazer7 Marysville, WA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215631Members
    Hi guys! I want to share my research about crashes of Unity engine in other games. I found and tried. Adding "-force-d3d9" to startup parameters of game in steam library really helped - many hours of game - no crashes!
    I have nVidia 660.
    Please try it! And if it will help we must not allow developers remove d3d9 support from game!

UPD: Today, after update, i tried to play without this parameter, and again, game crashed after i've crossed reef and approached kelp forest, moving from floating island in seamoth... I had only a few minutes to wonder beautiful waves on blister...

Thanks for the suggestion, but according to the list of what I've tried, that was one of them I already mentioned.
    Oops... I've seen it in another thread, but missed here...
  • ghostblazer7ghostblazer7 Marysville, WA Join Date: 2016-04-10 Member: 215631Members
    Oops... I've seen it in another thread, but missed here...

It's no problem. I appreciate the fact you are trying to help. This is very traumatizing for my son. I'm posting for him. :-)
  • DracobombaDracobomba Join Date: 2016-04-08 Member: 215502Members
    Similar crashing issues here. This seems to be the general crashing problem as of late.
    Oh, it's me again.

Yesterday i've tried again to play game without parameters (it's all about my blind trust in yeserday's small silent update). On clean, fresh reinstalled nVidia drivers, on reduced resolution (from 1600 to 1280). About 20 minutes of game, just to test, i moved few times in\out my base, cyclops, seamoth, taken seamoth for ride, passed 5-6 biomes, collected some resources,returned home at floating island, and every minute waited for crash, but it wasn't a single...

By the way, when i played on a high resolution, mostly when moving from one biome to another, my cpu cooler tried to fly away roaring... After reducing it, i almost hear it...