Problem with Exosuit

DefectiveDelfinDefectiveDelfin Planet earth Join Date: 2015-07-19 Member: 206262Members
So i feel that there is a problem with the exosuit and exosuit exploration.Once you go down to 1000+ depths,if you die....

I mean if you get crushed at 1000+ depths,how are you going to retrieve your exosuit?and what about mundane tasks like food?What if you're freeing the emperor,then suddenly "calorie deficiency detected"
I feel that all these things would just destroy your immersion.Walking along in the depths of the lost river and suddenly you need food?Or you respawn back at your base,500 M up where you can freely swim again in contrast to trudging along in the depths?

It feels like the exosuit part of subnautica will be an entirely different experience.And switching back and forth by needing food or dying will just pull you out.

Comments

• ShuryCZShuryCZ Czech Republic Join Date: 2015-07-07 Member: 206047Members
    Maybe this problem would be solved by adding some kind of mini-inventory in the exosuit itself, so you can deal with the unexpected hunger or thirst. I know, it souns weird :D And the element of big risk may be too high too, as you say. Right now, I don't want to imagine the scenario where I have my only exosuit somewhere below 1000+ m. But hey, for those who will play hardcore, that will be challenge! There won't be room for mistakes...
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    If you are going to go on an expedition to a place like the Lost River, then you would make sure you have enough food and water for days. Losing your exosuit is a small price to pay for a lack of preparation.

Besides, the Exosuit is not coming out until next month at the earliest. How it works is currently not known. Although, even if depth causes damage to our characters, there is Pressure Compensators to put on our Cyclops and Seamoth to get close enough to the Exosuit to bring the Exosuit back.
  • DinkelsenDinkelsen Graz Join Date: 2015-10-05 Member: 208309Members
    As far as I imagine you will be doing your expedition in the Cyclops and only step into the Exosuit for short periods. The Exosuit can be docked in the Cyclops and there you will be able to eat, too.
  • OsydiusOsydius France Join Date: 2015-09-19 Member: 208031Members
    Unless I am mistaken, I believe they said they would allow us to use the PDA in the Seamoth. So it would be reasonable to assume that we will also be able to use it in the Exosuit (allowing us to eat/drink).
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    I have another problem. Some might have realized that diving with normal suits turns red at 200m. A little bit too early to switch to the exosuit, which I consider a must beyond 500m. At Deep Reef, Blood Kelp Bottom, Lost River and the Lava Zones.

So what happens between 200m and 500m? Where you roam with the Seamoth and want to exit? The reinforced diving suit?
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    Osydius wrote: »
    Unless I am mistaken, I believe they said they would allow us to use the PDA in the Seamoth. So it would be reasonable to assume that we will also be able to use it in the Exosuit (allowing us to eat/drink).

I've been lobbying for PDA use in the seamoth, so I hope this is true. I have not, however, been able to find somewhere where the devs said it was happening.

Also, I haven't found any evidence that the player will be subject to crush at great depths. Furthermore, if they DO plan to restrict us to vehicles beyond a certain depth, that's problematic for things like scanning fragments or gathering resources at depth, unless they plan to provide vehicles the ability to do those things.
  • zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    Sidchicken wrote: »

Also, I haven't found any evidence that the player will be subject to crush at great depths. Furthermore, if they DO plan to restrict us to vehicles beyond a certain depth, that's problematic for things like scanning fragments or gathering resources at depth, unless they plan to provide vehicles the ability to do those things.

Evidence 1 - the coloring of the depth display goes red at diving beyond 200m. Just like with the Seamoth depths limits. Only evidence, not set in stone.

But yes, there is a problem with scanning with the exosuit or doing other things. Unless the exosuit allows to hold and use inventory tools with its arm.
  • SidchickenSidchicken Plumbing the subnautican depths Join Date: 2016-02-16 Member: 213125Members
    The color of the depth indicator corresponds to your rate of oxygen consumption (which can be mitigated with a rebreather). It is certainly possible this is only a stop-gap feature, pending implementation of a way for you to survive at crushing depths. It would make sense for diving at great depths to hurt you - not sure how much they're really going to model that in-game though. To avoid the bends, you're supposed to ascend gradually from a deep scuba dive. With Subnautica's accelerated time, that isn't practical.