Cyclops and base ideas

FinrodFinrod Germany Join Date: 2015-09-03 Member: 207683Members
edited April 2016 in Ideas and Suggestions
I just got some "wouldnt it be nice if..." moments while playing:

Base:
- Glass roofs and floors for base rooms
- Ability to place and use things like those snack vending machines you can find in wrecks
- command center room with map of the base and the ability to controll light and wall color in different areas
- Docking arm for cyclops (guess that was mentioned before 100 times but still)
- Mining/Drilling platforms for getting large amounts of titanium, copper and quartz in the endgame

Cyclops:
- Rework the room under the engine so it has space for lockers/plants or things like a bed and stuff to make it a living quarter (its a mobile base after all)
- Give use to the computers on the bridge: The cyclops has tons of antennas and stuff on the roof without any use. Cyclops needs a sonar, a map like the one in the scanner room and maybe a remote camera drone.
- Adjustable floodlights: Maybe the ones on the front or additional on extendable arms or something. Would be nice set the lights in the direction you want them to.

Edit: Also it would be real nice if you could see the camera drones like a beacon on your hud so you can find them after sending them out.

Comments

• zetachronzetachron Germany Join Date: 2014-11-14 Member: 199655Members
    The cyclops is still a joke:
    • You get blinded by your own floodlights
    • It has no cargo space
    • It's more sophisticated than the seamoth but has no sonar
    • It's unable to do significant tilting and rolling 3d maneuvers like the seamoth (not even lazy ones due to its mass)
    • It has no customizable driving controls and you're forced to use keys to move while looking with the mouse

Probable reason:
    The game is too small. If the cyclops could drive well and allow to see things than it would take only minutes to get to the end game area. Only creatures or dangers that are able to sink the cyclops could expand the time it would need to get to the end game, but this would also make the game more lethal - something the devs don't want. The cyclops is planned as an invincible mobile underwater base and to increase the game time it means to decrease the cyclops maneuverability.

My suggestion for the devs, who tend to ignore it:
    Make it really hard to find the cyclops pressure upgrades and tie this to a really long search and quest together with the story. That means a good feel driving the cyclops and the 3 depth levels get unlocked time by time. It also allows the cyclops to get damaged by the leviathans, making the game more thrilling.
  • Starovoyovm20Starovoyovm20 141 Granite Drive Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216373Members
    The Seamoth is much more powerful and efficent than the cyclops, so I think they should allow only two slots for upgrades in the Seamoth. And the Cyclops can go deeper than the seamoth.
  • Starovoyovm20Starovoyovm20 141 Granite Drive Join Date: 2016-05-05 Member: 216373Members
    The Seamoth is much more powerful and efficent than the cyclops, so I think they should allow only two slots for upgrades in the Seamoth. And the Cyclops can go deeper than the seamoth.
  • XenobyterXenobyter Russia Join Date: 2016-05-06 Member: 216400Members
    edited May 2016
    I think, in the cockpit of a cyclops should be the button of emergency surfacing. For example, near and the bit higher than the console with name/color etc. And below it could be the console with automatical emergency surfacing parameters. Like at what hull damage it should be activated and at what depth the cyclops should climb at that case.
    This should give time for player to weld the breaches, while the sub itself making sure that it won't go to the crush depth.