using blacksmokers instead of having resource respawn

mbos14mbos14 Join Date: 2016-06-13 Member: 218539Members
So like many i run into the problem of resources running out and having to go futher and futher away to get more.
my idea(with help from the anno game) is istead of having resource respawn we using whats already visual in the game to make a new way of getting your resources.

for Quartz (wich if i get it correct is sand and oxygen)
something like the filtration system you build in your base. wich has 2 small drones that will go collect sand(does not remove it from the world) and turn it slowly into quartz. it will not be fast and uses a decent amount of power.

for metals (gold silver titanium, etc. )
the blacksmokers. you could have something to cap it of to collect metals inside the smoke. or the method i think might be more fun is have it also in your base but it needs to be close to the smoker and if you build to many close to one smoker it will actually slow down production again this would be using a drone or something. (this is idea i kinda borrowed from an anno game)

for uranium
maybe a plant or animal that is radioactive. wich you can refine into nuclear fuel. they are low radioactive so you would need a lot to get one fuel rod worth.

again any points that you thing are good, bad or just stupid tell me.

Comments

• ChudovishChudovish Ru Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219418Members
    mbos14 wrote: »
    So like many i run into the problem of resources running out and having to go futher and futher away to get more.
    my idea(with help from the anno game) is istead of having resource respawn we using whats already visual in the game to make a new way of getting your resources.

for Quartz (wich if i get it correct is sand and oxygen)
    something like the filtration system you build in your base. wich has 2 small drones that will go collect sand(does not remove it from the world) and turn it slowly into quartz. it will not be fast and uses a decent amount of power.

for metals (gold silver titanium, etc. )
    the blacksmokers. you could have something to cap it of to collect metals inside the smoke. or the method i think might be more fun is have it also in your base but it needs to be close to the smoker and if you build to many close to one smoker it will actually slow down production again this would be using a drone or something. (this is idea i kinda borrowed from an anno game)

for uranium
    maybe a plant or animal that is radioactive. wich you can refine into nuclear fuel. they are low radioactive so you would need a lot to get one fuel rod worth.

again any points that you thing are good, bad or just stupid tell me.

Idea with sand sounds great.
    Big problem with titanium. Think we can recycle big parts from Aurora (that have no use now, because their rooms are almost empty) with some sort of drones like you suggest.
    And we need to transport big amount of that resources. Some sort of trailer For Seamoth idnknow...
  • tanelorntanelorn usa Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219433Members
    Great idea. What about resource extractors, like small mining deployable's. Very similar to the thermal generator only been excavate instead. They would need either power cells or a solar panel or whatever makes sense.