Post (Update and Hot Fix) Patch Thoughts

Angelic_RazgrizAngelic_Razgriz USA Join Date: 2016-05-23 Member: 217379Members
It's quiet nice to see the devs finally giving the Xbox some love a month after release on the preview program. I'm glad to see the frame rate improved and the seamoth fragments implemented although you can really see the graphics took a big hit. I unfortunately lost my save of around 24hrs even post hot fix although I wasn't too upset. I hope to see a bigger improvement on save transfers between versions (I know ARK puts out an update before a big patch that lets players know they need to move bases if they are in a "renovation" zone.) Overall a great update but here are some big bugs I've come across below.

I feel there are some really bad bugs that have slipped through the cracks on this one and I hope to see them soon fixed.

1. The audio loops for the air bubbles and "creepy echos" are present but pretty minor and not that bad.
2. Their seems to be a fragment glitch where you scan the seamoth and it doesn't register either A. your scanning a fragment or B. scans and doesn't count towards your fragment count. (Which is where I am stuck now.)
3. The HUD stops reading what is going on and just freezes. The health bar, food bar, O2 bar ect. seem to stop counting all numbers. For example my health bar said 100%, however, the bar was only filled around 50%.
4. Creatures spawning in bases. This is kind of an awkward one but I put down my foundation and base with no power yet and I come back to find a stalker INSIDE my base. It was just swimming around unable to attack me but still a bit annoying.

- Angelic

Comments

• bigbear2bigbear2 england Join Date: 2016-06-26 Member: 219140Members
    Also still crashing straight to xbox home screen when trying to build still and now after update the bulkhead doors won't open at all this being on creative mode
  • Ekush03Ekush03 Kentucky Join Date: 2016-07-07 Member: 219797Members
    my game is really messed
    up even after the hotfix
  • ObraxisObraxis Subnautica Animator & Generalist, NS2 Person Join Date: 2004-07-24 Member: 30071Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Silver, WC 2013 - Supporter, Subnautica Developer, Pistachionauts
    edited July 2016
    Thanks for the list of issues.

If you are having problems with a 'messed up' Subnautica, for now try uninstalling and re-installing. That seems to be helping some people as the upgrade for some reason might be messing with files. We often have this issue on steam so it's interesting to see it happen on Xbox as well.
  • Pirate_finPirate_fin Finland Join Date: 2016-05-30 Member: 217797Members
    edited July 2016
    Obraxis wrote: »
    Thanks for the list of issues.

If you are having problems with a 'messed up' Subnautica, for now try uninstalling and re-installing. That seems to be helping some people as the upgrade for some reason might be messing with files. We often have this issue on steam so it's interesting to see it happen on Xbox as well.

Re-installing fixed the air bubble sounds looping and framerate seems to be better too :)

Thanks!
  • FlayraFlayra Game Director, Unknown Worlds Entertainment San Francisco Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 3Super Administrators, NS2 Developer, Subnautica Developer
    Man we didn't think there would be any loss of save-games. We haven't forced a game restart on the PC not even once in a year and half of early access.
  • scubamattscubamatt Georgia, USA Join Date: 2016-05-22 Member: 217295Members
    For the PC at least, the recent micro update changed the path for saved games, and I had to copy/move all my saved games from the old location to the new, to restore access.
  • JuanCarlosJoseJuanCarlosJose England Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219912Members
    It's quiet nice to see the devs finally giving the Xbox some love a month after release on the preview program. I'm glad to see the frame rate improved and the seamoth fragments implemented although you can really see the graphics took a big hit. I unfortunately lost my save of around 24hrs even post hot fix although I wasn't too upset. I hope to see a bigger improvement on save transfers between versions (I know ARK puts out an update before a big patch that lets players know they need to move bases if they are in a "renovation" zone.) Overall a great update but here are some big bugs I've come across below.

I feel there are some really bad bugs that have slipped through the cracks on this one and I hope to see them soon fixed.

1. The audio loops for the air bubbles and "creepy echos" are present but pretty minor and not that bad.
    2. Their seems to be a fragment glitch where you scan the seamoth and it doesn't register either A. your scanning a fragment or B. scans and doesn't count towards your fragment count. (Which is where I am stuck now.)
    3. The HUD stops reading what is going on and just freezes. The health bar, food bar, O2 bar ect. seem to stop counting all numbers. For example my health bar said 100%, however, the bar was only filled around 50%.
    4. Creatures spawning in bases. This is kind of an awkward one but I put down my foundation and base with no power yet and I come back to find a stalker INSIDE my base. It was just swimming around unable to attack me but still a bit annoying.

- Angelic

• JuanCarlosJoseJuanCarlosJose England Join Date: 2016-07-09 Member: 219912Members
    When you pause in game to use the feedback option.....is it me, i can't...how do you..