No waves on 4546B

SmarterThanAllSmarterThanAll Holland Michigan Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219021Members
Why is it that the ocean world of 4546B has no waves when it clearly has two moons one being ultra close to 4546B?

Comments

• ToothlessToothless Uderwater Join Date: 2016-07-10 Member: 220019Members
    When trying to swim on the surface it feels for me like there are "huge" waves, but I get your point. Will adding waves have any impact on the game, enough anyway to use resources the game could add other things with. Just my bit.
  • Invisigoth247Invisigoth247 USA Join Date: 2016-03-06 Member: 213934Members
    A tidal force would be cool, like at low tide some parts of the safe shallows would be above water. I think more natural phenomenon like that would be cool, like I mentioned in a post recently about adding rain. But I don't think the absence of these things really detract from the game at all. It would be cool if they were there, but it may not even be possible for the devs to do that right now with them focusing on getting the game ready for release. Maybe with a DLC later on they could add it. But I do agree with you, a tidal force would be pretty cool.
  • Tyr07Tyr07 Join Date: 2012-11-25 Member: 173208Members
    Black hole like in interstellar for waves.
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    The big moon stays on the same height above the horizon throughout its revolution. It would not cause any tides in the game area, which is pretty much in the tidal eye.
    The small moon doesn't move at all, so it doesn't create tides.
    Fathom wrote: »
    The big moon stays on the same height above the horizon throughout its revolution. It would not cause any tides in the game area, which is pretty much in the tidal eye.

Yea Science!

But seriously, haha, never thought of that. Good Show sir!
  • SmarterThanAllSmarterThanAll Holland Michigan Join Date: 2016-06-24 Member: 219021Members
    edited July 2016

Fair enough but how is it possible that a moon doesn't move at all? Especially when it seems like two much more massive bodies are fighting for gravitational control and not to mention the solar systems star.

Fair enough but how is it possible that a moon doesn't move at all?

It is in a perfect geosynchronous orbit around the planet.
  • RMJRMJ Join Date: 2012-08-09 Member: 155190Members
    Waves would add a lot to the game. If you wanna continue to build those imba near or above water bases. Now you are punished. There might come a big wave and crash your base and or even remove it.

It also adds so much depth and complexity. Now there is a risk vs reward, being deep to avoid huge waves or tsunamis or being closer to the surface where its less hostile in terms of creatures.
  • ComicalSkateComicalSkate Canada, ON Join Date: 2015-05-28 Member: 204993Members
    I think they plan to do more with waves and weather stuff eventually. But yeah, waves and tides would be cool but very hard to do, and I would also like to see a tidal wave ripple away from the Aurora after the explosion.
  • BloodGod22BloodGod22 England Join Date: 2016-07-06 Member: 219708Members
    There are a million things they could add, they just don't have the time and resources to do everything.