Your opinion about enlarged hitboxes

1235»

Comments

• .trixX..trixX. Budapest Join Date: 2007-10-11 Member: 62605Members
    edited July 2016
    @Frozen :D
    I'm not saying it was good, I've played like 3 rounds while it was in.
    It's just an ability that's indifferent to skill level
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    edited July 2016
    IronHorse wrote: »
    Wob wrote: »
    Just because something is bugged doesn't mean you should fix it. If a bug adds something to the game, or makes the game better, keep it. As it stands, the old hitboxes were good for balance.
    Disagree with this on all fronts.

1) Bugs should be squashed. Adjust from there
    2) The bug didn't "add" something to the game, it removed something from it. It doesn't feel good to feel like your obvious hits are absorbed into nothingness. Fixing the bug added something and makes it feel better.
    3) The old hitboxes weren't good for balance, they were unreliable and felt bad. It's just that the game was balanced around the bug. And it can be balanced around the fix, as well.

Well, If you squash bugs with the result that public is a total disaster then do immediately something to fix that... not waiting week after week .
    Here I thought you wanted Rookies to stay.. Get up your asses and do something productive to get it balanced without removing annymore depth to the game..

If I'd do changes like the developers at work I'd already been fired due to mad customers.. unbelievable ... feels like there is only talk here
  • IronHorseIronHorse Developer, QA Manager, Technical Support & contributor Join Date: 2010-05-08 Member: 71669Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, Forum Moderators, NS2 Developer, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester, Subnautica PT Lead, Pistachionauts
    @Handschuh
    Unbiased data was needed. (it wasn't some nefarious plan to deceive the public..)
    Once it was collected (1 week) a change was put in (skulk bitecone) then one week went by and the data was collected once again, so it was announced publicly.
    Then because feedback was supplied, despite the secondary change, it was strongly suggested that more change was needed to remedy it.. so that was the build that went out yesterday.. after 3 days of feedback.

I get your point in general and agree with it.. and one can debate the efficacy of said changes.. but I am not seeing the "waiting week after week" part?
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Well, in my opinion it all started with the bad implementation of the HP Bars which simply took away some tactical possibilities and therefore removed depth of the game.. because Marines simply have far more use out of them...The depth is what makes things great about this game.

True, there might was some problem with the hitbox.. but the consequences must be thought of beforehand don't they? Marines were aleeady in a good spot in the early game.. without thought you didn't do anything before you tried this stunt..

Btw is it intended that I can fairly easy snipe now skulks through the rt? Since my pistolhits reg around the skulk..

Even though im still not playing because I'm not at home I'm fairly certain that 15HP are not gonna do much..
    Lifeforms like lerks and Fades depend on dodging shotguns for example.. Marines depend on full hits and they often only gonna get 1 shot.. this shift in balance is still gonna be there...
    Somehow I loose trust in your ability to see the bigger picture what these changes will really do to the gameplay

Somehow I wish you could get a crystal ball which shows you the consequences so that you can see a bit further what the real implications are..
  • 1dominator11dominator1 Join Date: 2010-11-19 Member: 75011Members
    I like it, game needs to be deadlier. Skulks and marines dancing around each other like some kind of ballet because no one can hit anyone else was frustrating and tiresome.