GL is a noskill weapon

13»

Comments

• MaxAmusMaxAmus UK Join Date: 2003-12-26 Member: 24779Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Reinforced - Shadow
    No No No Hobbeson, i just dont feel that, what we should do is,

Lower Player damge, Gave them some nice sounds, and even make them more visible. (Outlined)
  • VetinariVetinari Join Date: 2013-07-23 Member: 186325Members, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Silver
    MaxAmus wrote: »

Lower Player damge, Gave them some nice sounds, and even make them more visible. (Outlined)

You've got it all wrong. What we should do is: Give grenades some audio cues, outline them in alien vision, and lower player damage slightly.
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    edited August 2016
    Sorry guys ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
    IronHorse wrote: »
    That's... that's exactly what I just suggested on this same page already?.. But ok, here's an agree anyways

Agreed and awesomed you back, my suggestion brother.

I did however suggest something in the edit, that no one else had suggested yet (I think).
  • RevanCoranaRevanCorana Join Date: 2015-08-14 Member: 207125Members
    edited August 2016
    Also, the GL animations looks very sketchy the left arm is floating around and the reload looks off sync
  • cooliticcoolitic Right behind you Join Date: 2013-04-02 Member: 184609Members
    I'd be careful about nerfing p-damage because they still need to be useful against onoses (or whatever the hell the plural form is).
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    MaxAmus wrote: »

You've got it all wrong. What we should do is: Give grenades some audio cues, outline them in alien vision, and lower player damage slightly.

Gotta fix the location of said NS2 grenades first though. Remember, they are client side predicted and they are very badly predicted.

NS grenades are actually where you expect them to be (on the bloody model of the grenade :D )
  • BicsumBicsum Join Date: 2012-02-27 Member: 147596Members, Reinforced - Gold
    coolitic wrote: »
    I'd be careful about nerfing p-damage because they still need to be useful against onoses (or whatever the hell the plural form is).

But.. they are already not useful against onos at all?! x)
    edited August 2016
    Bicsum wrote: »

But.. they are already not useful against onos at all?! x)

I think they're good at chasing onoses with low hp (with jp ofc), especially since it's incredibly easy to get direct hits.
  • Deck_Deck_ Join Date: 2014-07-20 Member: 197526Members
    edited August 2016
    oh yeah I guess people don't read anymore (my bad ironhorse). I had an idea, but it might have been brought up before. I think you get what needs to happen. I did really appreciate the last page or so of comments though. Funny stuff.
  • HandschuhHandschuh Join Date: 2005-03-08 Member: 44338Members, NS2 Playtester, NS2 Community Developer
    Just killed a lerk with a GL... it's so easy since the "GL-Box" is so big... it's ridicilous
    Seriously though, I see no downside in reducing the GL projectile's hitbox to match the projectile, unless it's already like that.
  • IxianIxian Denmark Join Date: 2014-03-16 Member: 194783Members, Squad Five Blue
    edited August 2016
    I think they're good at chasing onoses with low hp (with jp ofc), especially since it's incredibly easy to get direct hits.

If you can't hit an onos with a rifle, pistol, shotgun or an HMG, but need a GL instead - If you cant hit the biggest lifeform in the game, just because it moves - If that really is the problem, the solution isn't a GL...

___

Also, while I like the outline, it does not seem to solve anything as frustrating as this, which I would like to highlight from Ironhorse's Video from the "luck thread".

edited August 2016
    I meant, wouldn't GL be doing more damage to an onos if all the nades hit?