Explosive Torpedos out of crash powder

KisuKisu Germany Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221099Members
I saw this suggestion in the feedback data. What do you guys think about the idea? The crash powder has no real use except for the welder (I think it was the welder?) and you have to risk an explosion right in your face to get it. So maybe making explosive Torpedos out of titanium and crash powder would be very rewarding and cool against dangerous creatures like the reaper. :)

Comments

• JamezorgJamezorg United Kingdom Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216788Members
    Or when that little dude is swimming at you ready to blow up you can catch it and kind of twist it or pull something out to stop it from exploding. Then you can get the Crash Powder and with the fish you can create these torpedoes, which will actually be quite useful against Reapers. Or you can collect these little exploding dudes and create a cannon to fire them out of, with them constantly making their little gargling noise :D Maybe a seamoth upgrade or something. Either way, great idea. It's prime time to flesh out a few items that have little use at the moment, like the Crash Powder for these torpedoes.
  • dealwithitdogdealwithitdog Texas Join Date: 2016-06-09 Member: 218343Members
    Kisu wrote: »
    I saw this suggestion in the feedback data. What do you guys think about the idea? The crash powder has no real use except for the welder (I think it was the welder?) and you have to risk an explosion right in your face to get it. So maybe making explosive Torpedos out of titanium and crash powder would be very rewarding and cool against dangerous creatures like the reaper. :)

And flares. You can use it for flares. But explosives are very unlikely to make an appearance in Subnautica, as it kind of goes against what the Devs want.
  • GlemishGlemish Oklahoma Join Date: 2016-08-08 Member: 221085Members
    I like the idea. But make them extremely expensive to make. Make the torpedoes homing torps. with multiple computer chips and a variety of other components.
  • Nautical_NickNautical_Nick Australia Join Date: 2016-06-12 Member: 218444Members
    The Crash eggs might add a farmable crash powder source.
  • EvilSmooEvilSmoo Join Date: 2008-02-16 Member: 63662Members
    Propulsion torpedoes? They latch on, homing to large carnivores, and swivel to push the target away from the player. For defense, since they can't swim towards you very well.

Alt-fire, they do the opposite, and maintain position relative to the player- so you fire 1-4 at a rock blocking a passage, and back up, and the torpedoes pull the rock backwards.

Also, concussion torpedoes. I saw one video where a guy blew a M80 underwater and hispeed filmed the effect on balloons of water and air. Air sacs do NOT deal well with concussion waves underwater!