[spoiler alert] move the precursor teleporter from the floating island to the giant cove tree biome.

ElavionElavion Poland Join Date: 2015-09-09 Member: 207844Members
I decided to build my new base next to the giant cove tree (because it's awesome). However, while it is certainly a nice-looking place, it does have one major issue- getting in and out of there takes ages.. Even a seamoth needs a few minutes, and with a cyclops it's basically an adventure by itself (surprisingly, the only difficult part is actually getting into the lost river- once you're there, it's surprisingly easy to maneuver the cyclops. But it still takes a loooong time).

At first I was thinking about asking for a direct route to the surface (that needs to be opened from below, of course) but then I had a better idea- making the portals actually useful.

When I first discovered them, I was kind of confused- they're not very useful really. Even if your base is on one of the islands, climbing up/walking down to the portal room takes so long that using a seamoth you'd alrady be halfway there; and since you can't take a submarine, you'd either have to build a second moth/cyclops (which will thankfully no longer be problematic thanks to the new waypoint system. Thanks <3 ) or settle for the seaglide (and since both islands have pretty deep surroundings, there's not much of a point in doing so).

A teleporter to the tree would solve a lot of issues. Sadly, it won't let you take a sub with you (I assume implementing that would be too much work) but it'd make a cove tree base much more accessible (of course, it'd probably be good idea to make it impossible to open the portal from the island's side- so that the player has to find the entry and go through the lost river at least once).

Comments

• soversover germany Join Date: 2016-12-19 Member: 225184Members
    you could glitch-built a transport hole

step 1 find your x y coords or mark the spot with a beacon
    step 2 go to the surface and build directly on the bottom sea a mp room
    step 3 deconstruct that room, youll notice some ground is removed
    step 4 build in that "hole" a half sunken in mp room
    step 5 deconstruct
    continue step 4-5 till you reach your destiny

enough food, batteries, seamoth for oxygen nearby advised

I know its a glitch and not supposed to be used that way
  • RezcaRezca United States Join Date: 2016-04-28 Member: 216078Members
    edited December 2016
    sover wrote: »
    you could glitch-built a transport hole

step 1 find your x y coords or mark the spot with a beacon
    step 2 go to the surface and build directly on the bottom sea a mp room
    step 3 deconstruct that room, youll notice some ground is removed
    step 4 build in that "hole" a half sunken in mp room
    step 5 deconstruct
    continue step 4-5 till you reach your destiny

enough food, batteries, seamoth for oxygen nearby advised

I know its a glitch and not supposed to be used that way

The flaw with this technique is that it'll only last for as long as the terrain deformation mechanic is in place. Eventually that'll be removed entirely and the terrain's state will be absolute - so a portal would be the longer lasting solution. If not to the Cove Tree then at least nearby. Enjoy this technique while you can though! It's a good enough solution in the meantime.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    There'll be more Precursor Teleporters in the game in the future. No need to adjust what we already have. Plus, buildable teleporter rooms are one of the major candidates for post-V1.0 updates.