Suddenly I am nervous...

moronwsubmarinemoronwsubmarine Austin, TX Join Date: 2016-12-16 Member: 225030Members
...jitters...
42923 /main 2017-01-10 17:38:46 Igor Popov made warpers pay more atention to the player
...jitters...
https://subnautica.unknownworlds.com/#/subnautica/checkins

Comments

• WinterholdKnightWinterholdKnight Join Date: 2017-01-10 Member: 226503Members
    That song always makes me hungry XD
    But yeah man, be afraid. They were already being superattentive to me before too XD
  • FathomFathom Earth Join Date: 2016-07-01 Member: 219405Members
    Hate it when they warp me out and then start trashing my Seamoth...

Imagine doing a dive in a wreck and coming back to wrecked bits and a warper jumping away.
    10 seconds of oxygen remaining.
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Fathom wrote: »

Imagine doing a dive in a wreck and coming back to wrecked bits and a warper jumping away.
    Markiplier was stuck inside a wall after exiting his Seamoth, that stuff is I guess more frustrating? :D
  • starkaosstarkaos Join Date: 2016-03-31 Member: 215139Members
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Fathom wrote: »

Markiplier was stuck inside a wall after exiting his Seamoth, that stuff is I guess more frustrating? :D

Especially when he was praying for a Warper to save him. Watched Jacksepticeye's and Markiplier's new video and one of them suggested that Warpers are more aggressive based on the main character's infection rate. Although, it is probably more likely that it is due to where the Warper is located. However, the reasoning is probably the same since the location of where the Warper is located also determines the infection rate. The Warper near the Gun does nothing while the Warper near the Deep Grand Reef Base teleports you out of your Seamoth or PRAWN suit. The Deep Grand Reef Base is farther into the story than the Gun so finding the Deep Grand Reef Base means that the character is more infected than when they were at the Gun and as a result make the Warpers far more aggressive.

Of course, all of this speculation is based around coding about how they do the infection. Is the infection based on time so if you spend ingame weeks building your base without travelling to the important story areas will still cause you to be infected and die or is it based on location so there is no rush to build your base and explore. Personally, I am expecting infection being based on location instead of time since it gives the freedom to do what we want, but there are numerous games that have a set deadline to complete a certain task or game over.
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    His palms are sweaty, knees weak, arms are heavy. He's craped his pants already. The warpers are ready,

INTESTINE SPAGHETTI
    lfbsmbyonoex.jpg

You sir, are ready for beat poetry night at the local pastry shop.
    Do us proud. :)