Deep Sea Dive Suit

Dark_ZeridotDark_Zeridot Join Date: 2017-02-06 Member: 227672Members
edited February 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
I have an idea for a new "suit!" It's a deep sea dive suit, which, hence the name, allows the player to go deep into the sea. The suit itself has a body, gloves, and a helmet (like the radiation suit). These are all made together (again like the radiation suit). The suit provides 100 meters deep increase, while the gloves and helmet add 50 each. This means that a player can go up to 400 meters deep with this suit, or they could only wear the gloves and helmet to get a 100 meter increase along with a "Reinforced dive suit." This gives them 300 depth, and 50% damage resistance.
This is also nice because after fixing the radiation leak, there is no point in having radiation gloves or a radiation helmet unless you are handling reactor rods. The recipe is a combination of a pressure compensator and a reinforced dive suit.

Recipe:
Plasteel x2
Computer Chip x1
Synthetic Fibers x1
Blueprints: 1
Blueprint Location: Abandoned Seabases & Wrecks

Comments

• 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    See my signature under "humans don't crush as easy as you might think".
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Thx for pointing that one out...AGAIN. :D Because with all due respect you just do NOT need such a suit.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »

Thx for pointing that one out...AGAIN. :D Because with all due respect you just do NOT need such a suit.

I'm sure it might be more comfortable IRL to avoid decompression stops, but if nitrogen narcosis and oxygen toxicity are taken care of already, then yeah.
  • ThePassionateGamerThePassionateGamer Germany Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218219Members
    They simplified the whole human gear assisted diving thing a bit. You have to sacrifice a 100% realistic experience for a smoother gameplay often when creating games. I think UWE did a great job taking the "nasty" problems out of the diving experience in the game to make it more fun.
  • SushiDiver500SushiDiver500 Join Date: 2016-05-28 Member: 217686Members
    No bad idea!
    But Luxury stuff like this makes the game to easy! Scanner room for example. This is an "Exploration game" (or at least the devs say so) but it literally does the exploration for you.

A suit like that would simply in my opinion be to powerful.
    Should we add Mjolnir-Mark six too?