Is the abandoned base in the Jelly Shroom forest supposed to give me all these blueprints?

Seph64Seph64 Join Date: 2017-01-13 Member: 226658Members
So after starting a new save after this new update, after getting the Pressure Compensator for the Seamoth from the Aurora, I decided to check out the Jelly Shroom forest via the entrance near the Safe Shallows. And I got complete blueprints for the Moonpool, Modification Station and the Power Cell Charger (as well as the Filtration Machine of course). And 2 of the 3 parts of the Nuclear Reactor. Now it's not that I would want to look a gift horse in the mouth, but that seems to be a lot of the needed machines I would need in the future, so I am kinda wondering why I got so lucky with these blueprints from an area I got to from the Safe Shallows.

Is it normal, or did I just get lucky with my world?

I didn't delete any of the cache files since making the world, I haven't felt the need to do so.

Comments

• robotflyrobotfly Virginia Join Date: 2015-07-16 Member: 206185Members
    edited March 2017
    Yea it does seem a little odd mabey its the devs being nice?
    Also did you find the stasis rifle fragments on the island yet?
  • Seph64Seph64 Join Date: 2017-01-13 Member: 226658Members
    Yeah, I found the Stasis Rifle and 1 half of the Vehicle Modification Station on the Floating Isle.
  • DaveyNYDaveyNY Schenectady, NY Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221903Members
    edited March 2017
    I've been finding parts of the Seamoth all over the place with this update.

Got it just about the same time I got the Seaglide.
    B)
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    The Jellyshroom base did seem blueprint rich. I started my save after castles & coffee update, found power cell charger and some other nifty blueprints there.
    I guess the trade off is that now I am having problems finding the Drilling Arm for the Prawn Suit. I found half the blueprint from one of the wrecks in the Grand Reef, and I found half of the Grappling Arm in the same wreck, and found the other half of the grappling arm somewhere else. Then I found the other arms in other wrecks, except the last half of the Drilling Arm.

I know there is another wreck in the Grand Reef, but I don't remember exactly where it is or if I can get there considering I haven't made any upgrades to my pressure compensators yet.

Well, if all else fails I can just spawn one in, but I would rather play legitly if at all possible.
  • pie1055pie1055 Join Date: 2016-12-05 Member: 224603Members
    edited March 2017
    "Other wreck" in Grand Reef is around 400m deep. Just a heads-up before you start searching.

Have you tried searching the Aurora? It might have a blueprint for drill arms, though I'm not too confident about it.
    edited March 2017
    Well, I guess it is about time I made upgrades to my pressure compesator then, I doubt I would want to go in to such depths with just the Sea Glide, even with 225 seconds of Oxygen.

I found the 2nd half of the Drill arm, in the 2nd Grand Reef wreck. As usual, I was able to find the wreck the same way I've always found it; by looking for the 3rd Dagassi base and then trying to get out of that part of the zone.