More upgrade slots for the Cyclops

Casual_PlayerCasual_Player That...is a really good question Join Date: 2016-08-30 Member: 221875Members
With the new update, and new upgrades for the Cyclops, because of it's value as a mobile base, I believe the sub should have more upgrade slots available or, if it isn't possible, make some upgrades into buildable devices to be activated and to constantly drain power from the Cyclops. Ex: Instead of a Sonar upgrade module, it could have a "Cyclops Sonar equipment", device only able to be build and operated (on/off switch) inside the Cyclops

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    You can store and switch out modules as you please without leaving the vessel. That strikes me as providing enough versatility to make four slots (of currently five, possibly six upcoming modules) functional.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Now that the Cyclops can take damage, I think you will see less people using it as a mobile base. :)
  • Vyurr327Vyurr327 US Join Date: 2017-02-27 Member: 228367Members
    Simple solution is to add another upgrade console on the starboard side of the engine, for a total of 8 slots.
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    Vyurr327 wrote: »
    Simple solution is to add another upgrade console on the starboard side of the engine, for a total of 8 slots.

Personally, I prefer leaving it at 4 so that you have to make a choice regarding which 4 modules you will equip. Do you go with the Shield for the extra protection or do you go with the Decoy size expansion for more decoys? Etc.

If you had more slots than total upgrades, you don't have to make a choice at all--which sounds rather boring.