Breaking Base

gusmangusman Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228423Members
Only started to happen recently. I have built the basic base. A few general purpose rooms. A few corridors. 2 bio reactors. 2 water filtration units. A fabricator. But in the last couple of days i keep springing leaks and it happens in the same two rooms. I have built reinforcement plates on the corridors and have a base strength of 31+
There shouldn't be a weak part as they are all on platforms. I am at 100 meters. And nothing seems to be near by that might attack or cause damage. Any ideas what might be causing the leaks ? It only seems to happen when i am in the base.

Comments

• mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    edited April 2017
    try removing a window or putting a reinforcement plate on the room where the leak is actually happening instead of on connecting corridors I dont know if it will work but its the only thing i can think to try.
  • DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    In what biome did you built? (So we can rule out any of the sneakier attacks. Any odd leaks I've ever had were due to tiger plants.)
  • PauoloPauolo France Join Date: 2016-03-13 Member: 214187Members
    Check for Floaters around the concerned rooms. Unless it was fixed, they can easily rupture any base module, even from inside an aquarium.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2017
    Breaking Bass?

...Oh, BASE, never mind. xD

EDIT: Actually, this one's better:

• DarthOmnisDarthOmnis United States Join Date: 2016-12-15 Member: 224970Members
    0x6A7232 wrote: »
    Breaking Bass?

...Oh, BASE, never mind. xD

EDIT: Actually, this one's better:

... I habitually clicked 'Play' before reading your comment.... last time I do that. :s
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    edited April 2017
    If you have a decent pair of headphones or speakers, it actually feels rather nice once in a while to listen to a bass test. ;) If you don't have decent headphones, ~$50 gets you a HyperX Cloud Stinger, and ~$117 gets you a Logitech Artemis Spectrum G633 wired, both of which compete easily with much pricier headsets. For wireless, $136 upgrades the Logitech to the Logitech Artemis Spectrum G933 wireless. (~12 hour run time if the volume is kept 50% or lower. I have both a HyperX Cloud Stinger, and a G933.)

Now, both the Logitechs are "7.1", but don't be confused, it virtual, not multiple speakers per side (which is a good thing, bigger drivers can be more powerful, and you only have two ears, IMHO actual multi-speaker setups shouldn't be used for headphones). See here for more discussion on that.
  • gusmangusman Join Date: 2017-02-28 Member: 228423Members
    Pauolo wrote: »
    Check for Floaters around the concerned rooms. Unless it was fixed, they can easily rupture any base module, even from inside an aquarium.

I am half way between the Aroura and thw starting Pod. Close to the circles on the long tree lile things.very close to lifepod 7 I regularly have reef back poop in front of my base with floaters attached. I chose this spot to harvest them for the bio reactors. They do a great job producing power. I have now got a base strength of 107. Still getting the odd leak from time to time. Havent had much time to play recently so no updates yet