Chum Drone

mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
edited April 2017 in Ideas and Suggestions
A camera drone modified with a inventory that can be filled with small fish. The Chum drone will attract any predators in the area and can be used to lure unwanted creatures away from your base. Once at a safe distance you can press a button which will drop the bait allowing the drone to be recovered without bringing the predators back with it.

Comments

• KostriktorKostriktor Switzerland Join Date: 2017-01-08 Member: 226342Members
    edited April 2017
    there are drones on the mobile vehicle bay already, and they are not enough. drones are awesome, and we want more.
    I thought of a "storage drone", a "mini cyclops" following you, which could be accessed as any other storage.
    the kind of a "pet", if you're more of an rpg player.
    Then again, we need the "pet moonpool"
  • mikeloevenmikeloeven Join Date: 2017-04-14 Member: 229623Members
    edited April 2017
    Following light drone would be nice XD
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    mikeloeven wrote: »
    A camera drone modified with a inventory that can be filled with small fish. The Chum drone will attract any predators in the area and can be used to lure unwanted creatures away from your base. Once at a safe distance you can press a button which will drop the bait allowing the drone to be recovered without bringing the predators back with it.

Decoys are always a good thing to have. :) I'd buy one. (Well, fabricate one.)
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
  • gunmetal563gunmetal563 Join Date: 2015-09-30 Member: 208239Members
    gives me the idea of the decoy grenade which is a device that after 5 seconds throws out chum detracting/luering predators away from you
  • CaptainBarbequeCaptainBarbeque Hell Join Date: 2017-02-25 Member: 228247Members
    The A-252 Health & safety drone:
    It's kind of a medpack dispenser that follows you around with a few small changes like: The medpacks would be smaller and heal less, it would have very low health and it would be (like all the other drones i imagine) dockable in the seamoth, prawn suit and cyclops (amount of drones dockable would vary with vehicle)