assest sales?

ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
Hi, i was just wondering if this person has any affiliation with unknownworlds?

https://www.cgtrader.com/3d-models/space/spaceship/sci-fi-orridor

Comments

• ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    I think it has been removed, i actually reported it, it was some assets from subnautica and NS2 someone was trying to sell for $16
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    Do people get marks for fraud on their account on there, cause this is rather fishy -pun so intended
  • ArchieArchie Antarctica Join Date: 2006-09-19 Member: 58028Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, WC 2013 - Supporter
    edited April 2017
    I wonder how long it had been on there, i was just searching for some free assets for NS when this popped up, i don't have the images anymore, it had alterra corporation on one and another one was some cargo crates that J had made for early NS2
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited April 2017
    It looked like this
    t6b8cfxhyj7g.png
  • NerdyEricNerdyEric Join Date: 2016-11-15 Member: 223876Members
    Considering it says alterra I would imagine its taken from UWE
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited April 2017
    NerdyEric wrote: »
    Considering it says alterra I would imagine its taken from UWE

Or so you would think. ;)

c6wcfgqqri15.gif
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited April 2017
    And the same logo though? can you explain that :P
  • Kouji_SanKouji_San Sr. Hινε Uρкεερεг - EUPT Deputy The Netherlands Join Date: 2003-05-13 Member: 16271Members, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue
    edited April 2017
    Apparently it's also a Dutch environmental research facility... The artist formerly known as Alterra, now called Wageningen Environmental Research :D

Seems like "Alterra" is all over the bloody place, popular name that...
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    And the same logo though? can you explain that :P

No, no I can't.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    edited April 2017
    Kouji_San wrote: »
    Apparently it's also a Dutch environmental research facility... The artist formerly known as Alterra, now called Wageningen Environmental Research :D

Hey, @Kouji_San, why is it so many words in Dutch look like they were invented by someone who was dangerously drunk and trying to speak English?

"Wageningen..."
    "It's 'wagon,' you twit. My daughter's wagon, which you just puked in, I'll have you know."
    edited April 2017

Hey, @Kouji_San, why is it so many words in Dutch look like they were invented by someone who was dangerously drunk and trying to speak English?

"Wageningen..."
    "It's 'wagon,' you twit. My daughter's wagon, which you just puked in, I'll have you know."

It's the other way around buddy, "old Frankish" predates "Anglo-Saxon" by about 100 years :D

I am however not arguing against "dangerously drunk", that seems about right. Dutch is a weird combination of sounds, probably also the reason we are so damn multilingual, we can mimic many languages without much trouble... Unless you count our ministers with that weird Dutch accent xD
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members

"Wageningen..."

Sweden; land of meatballs, ikea and whoooop.
  • phantomfinchphantomfinch West Philadelphia , born and raised on the playground is where I spent most of my days. Join Date: 2016-09-06 Member: 222128Members
    Also Welsh town names,

I'm pretty sure the guy who came up with that name was drunk and just murmuring.
    What about our Icelandic neighbors?

4556390422_71356a00cb_z.jpg
    What about our Icelandic neighbors?

4556390422_71356a00cb_z.jpg

They're Scandinavian they have an excuse, whales does not since ITS LITERALLY THE NEIGHBOR OF ENGLAND.