Love the new HUD, but there's still room for improvement

2»

Comments

• SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    edited May 2017
    We could just have it be while we are walking or swimming around, it shows the current icons, but when you open the PDA, it shows @nesrak1's numbers. That solves both the problems that have been brought up.
  • Morph_GuyMorph_Guy Join Date: 2016-04-21 Member: 216034Members
    edited May 2017
    Skope wrote: »
    We could just have it be while we are walking or swimming around, it shows the current icons, but when you open the PDA, it shows @nesrak1's numbers.

That's already a thing in the base game.

• RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    nesrak1 wrote: »
    2x43z5xmroui.png

Personally i love this. Of course as pointed out earlier only prior knowledge lets you know which circle is what .... which is fine by me i mean since this is a mod technically you've played with the original UI beforehand and therefore know which circle is what in my sense. Plus, it makes sense for the red circle to be health and the blue one to be water anyway.

Or you could put the small icons right next to the corresponding circle for more clarity but as i said in my mind its not entirely necessary imo.
  • RainstormRainstorm Montreal (Quebec) Join Date: 2015-12-15 Member: 210003Members
    Fired my save in the Experimental build right now and witnessed this happening for those that might want to know

55ur48sj4vek.jpg

When you open the PDA, the icons switch to numerical numbers. Kinda neat i think :smiley:
    Now if the could transform the thermometer into another one of those circle thingies it'd be perfect :wink:
  • SkopeSkope Wouldn't you like to know ;) Join Date: 2016-06-07 Member: 218212Members
    Morph_Guy wrote: »
    We could just have it be while we are walking or swimming around, it shows the current icons, but when you open the PDA, it shows @nesrak1's numbers.

That's already a thing in the base game.

Really?

I haven't seen that.

Great, now I feel stupid.
  • ShuttleBugShuttleBug USA Join Date: 2017-03-15 Member: 228943Members
    What if there was a section of the pda that scans your vital signs and can give you a more technical view of hunger, thirst, or health. I do like the fact that numbers were eliminated from the HUD but on the other hand it is considerably harder to use med kits, food or water without wasting some.
  • nesrak1nesrak1 Places Join Date: 2016-12-04 Member: 224536Members
    edited May 2017
    pie1055 wrote: »
    Would be kinda awkward but you could put the numbers in the center and they periodically fade to the icon and back over time. Or, as was mentioned somewhere before the fade occurs when opening/closing the PDA so that you have numbers while open and icons while closed.

I had the same idea where they would fade :D
    We could just have it be while we are walking or swimming around, it shows the current icons, but when you open the PDA, it shows @nesrak1's numbers. That solves both the problems that have been brought up.
    Rainstorm wrote: »
    Fired my save in the Experimental build right now and witnessed this happening for those that might want to know

55ur48sj4vek.jpg

When you open the PDA, the icons switch to numerical numbers. Kinda neat i think :smiley:
    Now if the could transform the thermometer into another one of those circle thingies it'd be perfect :wink:

We've known about this but the purpose of me doing this was to have numbers show while you were playing.
  • scifiwriterguyscifiwriterguy Sector ZZ-9-Plural Z-α Join Date: 2017-02-14 Member: 227901Members
    Hey, Nesrak, is it an all-or-nothing change? Because if the circles usually show the identifying icon but for, say, five seconds out of every 30 fades over to the number then back, it gives the viewer context and data.
    I can definitely make it appear and disappear, that's what I was thinking about doing. Just haven't done it yet.
  • AnomalyDetectedAnomalyDetected Alterra Housing District: Planet Vicaron Join Date: 2017-04-19 Member: 229741Members
    Numbers were adding in experimental. Opening the PDA will now show numbers over the icons.
    edited May 2017
    Numbers were adding in experimental. Opening the PDA will now show numbers over the icons.

We knew this was going to happen for a while, I just like to see it at all times though.
  • JackeJacke Calgary Join Date: 2017-03-20 Member: 229061Members
    Checkin 47280 is now incorporated into the Experimental Branch available on Steam. When you open your PDA, the icons in the centre of the 3 small circles get changed into numbers 0 to 100 so you can see the exact amounts.
  • OjakokkoOjakokko Finland Join Date: 2017-01-20 Member: 226999Members
    Now that the numbers show when you pull out the PDA (at least in experimental), I have only one more thing to say: You nailed it, it's perfect now.