Seabase Backup Power Storage

NerdyDavrosNerdyDavros Australia Join Date: 2017-06-19 Member: 231179Members
Hi Everyone and thanks for taking the time to check out my idea.

Cutting to the chase, I would like to see the ability to plug powercells and ion-powercells into the seabases so that other than the small amount of power that the power-generators contain can be stored for backup or emergency use. The powercells power would solely be used for when the generators have run out of their own stored power and more is required. If the developers would like though, remove the power storage feature from the generators and have it required that you plug powercells into the base in order to store power for use.
The reason I see a need for this is that when the bases contain a large number of machines that are been used at the same time, it can be a pain in the rear to make enough generators to handle the live output of power for all of them. Also, trying to dock a mostly drained vehicle in a Moonpool makes this problem even worse.
You can see this idea already in play somewhat with the self-charging batteries in the evacuation pod.

If anyone else has similar ideas or would like to tweak this, please provide input. If you have nothing but nasty comments, please keep them to yourself.

Comments

• DrownedOutDrownedOut Habitat Join Date: 2016-05-26 Member: 217559Members
    There used to be a Power Generator like this in the early versions of the game. Check the Removed Content page on the SNWiki. And since then there's been a good call for it to be re-implemented, but so far no luck.

I too would like this tech because it would make building an outpost much easier. Having no means to generate energy (or generate it quickly) among all the materials I need to bring along is a pain. Heck, with a system like this I could cut down on the size of my outposts because I wouldn't need to build big generators (or be tied to spots with access to light or heat).
  • NerdyDavrosNerdyDavros Australia Join Date: 2017-06-19 Member: 231179Members
    DrownedOut wrote: »
    There used to be a Power Generator like this in the early versions of the game. Check the Removed Content page on the SNWiki. And since then there's been a good call for it to be re-implemented, but so far no luck.

I too would like this tech because it would make building an outpost much easier. Having no means to generate energy (or generate it quickly) among all the materials I need to bring along is a pain. Heck, with a system like this I could cut down on the size of my outposts because I wouldn't need to build big generators (or be tied to spots with access to light or heat).

Thanks for letting me know about this, I had no idea.

I completely agree with you as I tend to have up to 4 or more outposts myself. If they add this back into the game it will be fantastic, if not, can't complain too much cause it's already a great game that just keeps getting better.
  • DragoWhoovesDragoWhooves UK Join Date: 2017-05-30 Member: 230836Members
    +1 for adding in 'battery backups' maybe even implemented in such a way if the base does get power back and fills it's own power storage it would then overflow into the batteries