Glass, Cyclops Power, and other issues

SiaNautica9SiaNautica9 US Join Date: 2016-09-25 Member: 222603Members
edited July 2017 in Subnautica Bug Reporting
Build: Early Access Jun-2017 50032
Build Number from game's _buildnumber.txt file: 162

Issues since "Voice of the Deep" update:

1.) Glass windows at the end of hallways (tubes): It looks like the old Photoshop "plastic" effect. It's as if it is trying to capture reflections from inside the hallway, but instead it looks like some someone wiped some sort of glaze all over the window. You cannot see out of these windows at all. Sometimes it affects the main windows, but it is always these circular windows at the end of hallways. Even the window in the entry/exit hatch looks like this. It was clear before.

2.) Cyclops eats Power Cells as if it's starving to death. The engine can be completely shut down, lights off with 100% power - I go exploring with my Seamoth/PRAWN Suit and come back to it having lost 25-80% of it's power. I've noticed that certain Power Cells burn to 0% constantly: As if you are facing the engine/battery room: Power Cells on the left the center one is always first to zero out quickly. On the right side of the engine, the first and third Power Cells zero out. I have been keeping four Power Cell Chargers on board and almost a dozen Power Cells on hand at all times since this update.

3.) Deep Grand Reef, near the last Degasi base: Terrain where the entrance to the Inactive/Active Lava Zone (which I can no longer find) does not render. It leaves huge gaps and holes in the terrain. If I swim into those I get trapped and die.

4.) Reaper Leviyathans instantly appear out of nowhere, attack & kill me - I know they are supposed to be in the vicinity but they are not there - then poof! they are there and I die. They also swim in and out of all nearby terrain as if it doesn't exist (this occurs everywhere they are supposed to be).

5.) Terrain is still "popping" right in front of me, causing crashes/damage. Yes, I've checked the settings to stop things "popping in".

6.) Are the Lava Larva supposed to blow up the PRAWN suit?????? Two got on it, I didn't have the Propulsion Cannon with me, so I tried to use my knife (which I used successfully to get them off of my Cyclops) but they would not come off/die - it was like they were not there, yet they blew up my PRAWN suit.

7.) At my sea base I have a planter box outside of the main hallway with Creep Vine (with the glowing bulbs) planted in it. Inside the hallway it it so bright, refracting the yellow light from the Creep Vine when it should not. There are lockers in that room.

8.) There are now 12 save folders in the Saved Games folder. I only have 3 games.

My Computer Specs:
iMac 27"
3.4GHz Intel i7
32 GB RAM DDR3
nVidia GeForce GTX 680MX 2 GB
macOS Sierra 10.12.5
w/ Boot Camp: Windows 10

Comments

• leenpowellleenpowell Join Date: 2017-07-19 Member: 231926Members
    For #2, do you have any chargers in your cyclops? I don't have the issue your having on the same build. I can leave all the lights on AND engine running and the power will not drain. I was trying to be savvy once and had some power cell chargers in the sub that just killed the batteries while I was out. Maybe you added something that drains power?
  • narfblatnarfblat Utah, USA Join Date: 2016-05-15 Member: 216799Members, Forum Moderators, Forum staff
    For #2, maybe you have some lava larva hidden somewhere, try removing all powercells for a short time. No food source, and they swim to find other food.

For #6, I'm sure the knife is to blame for the Prawn suit's explosion. Lava larva are sometimes too hard to hit. Remove powercells until they let go, then kill them if they don't swim away.
  • 0x6A72320x6A7232 US Join Date: 2016-10-06 Member: 222906Members
    Your video card is 2GB, be sure to use medium or low settings as more VRAM is required for high settings.
  • DefenderX1DefenderX1 Join Date: 2017-07-23 Member: 231990Members
    I would recommend moving your outdoor growbed for #7. Also don't plant too many creepvines. I've noticed you really don't need many. I have 4 spread out over 4 growbeds throughout my base and I never run out of seed clusters.
  • tidewalkertidewalker Canada Join Date: 2017-07-28 Member: 232110Members
    I am having the same problem with cyclops but will try removing the charger to see if that is the problem. Thanks
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    narfblat wrote: »
    For #2, maybe you have some lava larva hidden somewhere, try removing all powercells for a short time. No food source, and they swim to find other food.

For #6, I'm sure the knife is to blame for the Prawn suit's explosion. Lava larva are sometimes too hard to hit. Remove powercells until they let go, then kill them if they don't swim away.

Agree for #6, the Lava Larvae's hit box is tiny, you've been killing your own Prawn suit by mistake :s
  • garathgarath Texas Join Date: 2017-02-08 Member: 227730Members
    edited August 2017
    Build: Early Access Jun-2017 50032
    2.) Cyclops eats Power Cells as if it's starving to death. The engine can be completely shut down, lights off with 100% power - I go exploring with my Seamoth/PRAWN Suit and come back to it having lost 25-80% of it's power. I've noticed that certain Power Cells burn to 0% constantly: As if you are facing the engine/battery room: Power Cells on the left the center one is always first to zero out quickly. On the right side of the engine, the first and third Power Cells zero out. I have been keeping four Power Cell Chargers on board and almost a dozen Power Cells on hand at all times since this update.

For the longest time, the Power Cell Chargers gave "Free" energy. By that, I mean they took almost no power out of the Cyclops Engine Power Cells while fully charging Power Cells in the Chargers. That has now changed. Now, it is completely 1 to 1. So, charging a single Power Cell in a single Power Cell Charger transfer EXACTLY that much power from the Power Cell in the Cyclops Engine Power Cell to the Power Cell in the charger. So, putting even a single Power Cell Charger on the Cyclops doesn't really accomplish anything... You can't get free Power out of thin air anymore. That power has to come from a power plant at your base, etc, etc.

If you have 4 Power Cell Chargers going at the same time, I'm not at all surprised you leave and come back to severely diminished power. If you left long enough, you would, of course, expect the engines to be completely dead because all that power had been transferred 1 to 1 to the Power Cells in the Chargers.

Best case scenario, you start with 6 power cells at 200 each and put 6 power cells in chargers and leave. When you come back, the Power Cells in the engines are completely dead and you have 6 fully charged power cells in the chargers.
  • LulzesLulzes Join Date: 2017-07-25 Member: 232050Members
    garath wrote: »
    Best case scenario, you start with 6 power cells at 200 each and put 6 power cells in chargers and leave. When you come back, the Power Cells in the engines are completely dead and you have 6 fully charged power cells in the chargers.

Unless you fit the thermal charger and park over a smoker :p