Commanders, Hire Typists

TomCerulTomCerul Join Date: 2002-11-22 Member: 9614Members
<div class="IPBDescription">some folks on pubs can't hear voice</div> I have voice comm and think that everyone who sits in the command chair should as well. Naturally I think everyone should be able to hear me when I tell them where to go using voice comms.

The other day I had 2 players who were responsive and obedient in a 6 man team. So I split them up and asked them to grab their teammates and go. After 3 or 4 requests by Responsive player, I chimed in once in text chat. "So-n-So can hear me, please follow him." It was a fine thing. Suddenly I had a group of 3 that obeyed my voice comms. It was sweet to take them off the well defended hive they were lmg'ing and send them after an undefended hive.

The other guy who was responsive was my "Flex" guy, or the "handy-man". He would do the little things that just needed a pair of hands.

I have to appologize to the folks who join marines when I'm in charge. I've spent 30+ minutes learning that I can only trust 2 or 3 people on my team (Pub servers....). So when someone joins late, they go into my "ignore until success" category. If they can find me something useful, I'll have them build, if not, I can't afford to waste my time babying them. So my appology for late comers is this: "Sorry that I'm ignoring you. I already have some people I can trust to accomplish things." If you can figure out where the action is and get there, I will notice you sooner or later. If my trusted guys comment on you, I'll notice. If you start racking up the kills I'll notice. If not, I'm busy, use your best judgement.

A related wish for my marines is: If I just hooked you up and you died. Get that stuff back. Make sure that someone on the team gets it if you can't get there in time. Either way, I'm not interested in keeping your mortal butt in equipment when you can't be bothered to keep my equipment in play.

<Monty Python voice>So, I seem to have strayed a bit from my original topic. But Sex is more fun then logic.</Monty Python Voice>

Comments

• MindmeldmeMindmeldme The Evil One Join Date: 2002-10-27 Member: 1637Members
    I have voice...and I do let people know what do when I have vioce...the whole team if possible but I will sit with the few that do listen and ignore the rest at times. If people can't hear me or understand me I will type what I want done as fast as possible. It helps when most of the rest of the team also has voice comm but they just need to learn not to spam the net and keep it clear.