Video Plroblem...

DMFEMUDMFEMU Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11213Members
<div class="IPBDescription">REALLY NASTY BUG...</div> When ever I'm in game and try to get to menu it get a nasty video problem. Kinda like what happends when monitor refresh rate is to high. If this only happend in NS I wouldn't mind too much. But it happends in CS Retal, and NS is in HL directory. I have to reboot my system to get video back up. Any sugestions??

Athlon XP 1700+
GF3-40.72
WinXP-w/all sevice packs
Audigy-latest drivers

Comments

• zodazoda Join Date: 2002-11-05 Member: 7175Members
    go to video settings and set refresh rate to optimal

check your video cord... I once had mine lose and my screen went blue, make sure it's in there good.

not sure what else to say, didnt tell much about the problem... I am not sure what happens when the refresh rate is set too high, so you have to explain more.
  • DMFEMUDMFEMU Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11213Members
    edited December 2002
    The cable is secure, but "optimal" rate isn't available due to "defualt monitor" driver ain't right.

Had to use camera because I don't know howto get desktop screenie... Even if I could get one.

Edit: Damn file too large, had to resize.

PS: I just update DX8.1 to 9 today. Didn't help though.
  • DMFEMUDMFEMU Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11213Members
    Ok... for some reason or another, the game(both HL and CSretail) are completly unplayable doe to graphic errors
  • HSantalHSantal Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9179Members
    Hi.

I have a somewhat similar problem. The screen doesn't do what yours does but when I am on "some" servers ( 3 that I can remember for sure) on NS_Tanith my screen goes like :

<a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=18&t=7922&st=15&#entry218432' target='_blank'>http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/in...15&#entry218432</a>

It's been doing this for 3 weeks or so.

Anyone have a similar expierence?

H