Particle Rain

LoneDogLoneDog Join Date: 2002-11-14 Member: 8555Members
Anyone please tell me how to configer the env_particles to make simple unlimited rain.

Comments

• HanzGruberHanzGruber Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 47Members
    First, try a search on the mapping forum - this sort of question has come up before..

Also, there is definitely a link to a decent tutorial or two for particle systems on this forum..

If you still can't find it - let us know - but it shouldn't be that hard...
  • PlaguebearerPlaguebearer Join Date: 2002-03-21 Member: 338Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    'pGenSource rain1' is a func_illusionary with the targetname rain1 in which the rain particles will spawn, and then drop out of. I textured it Null, myself, though you could just as easily texture it {blue and make it rendermode solid renderfx 1.
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    edited December 2002
    Particle system needs to be linked to a brush entity.
    "Gravity"-flag helps too.

huh, whats that window? what tool?
  • PlaguebearerPlaguebearer Join Date: 2002-03-21 Member: 338Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    It's Quark's entity properties editing window, undocked and blown up.
  • OlljOllj our themepark-stalking nightmare Fade Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10696Members
    edited December 2002
    Ok I Tried QuArk editor and like it much.
    Needs much configuration... VIS, RAD... , main folders, ns.qrk and all configurated...
    having problems to loar ns.wad in quark - cant find textures.
    But when I add "-game ns" were it belongs to, NS cant find the new compiled map.
    without the map runs fine.

help here, will not open new topic for a small newbie problem.