Covert Oral Fleet

2»

Comments

• GoleXGoleX Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7681Members
    edited January 2003
    Here are my rules:

|TE| Rules of Conduct:
    1. We will not tolerate ********.
    2. We will not tolerate new players ignoring the guidance of veterans.
    3. We will not tolerate behavior detrimental to your team as a whole.
    4. The judgement of the admins on this server is final and to be obeyed.

As you can see, I also don't mind cursing, as I include some of it in my own rules, hehe.

We've never really had a problem with llamas and lack of rules (people know when they are being llamas, they don't need rules to understand that), so the rules were only added because we had a sudden influx of noobs to the server that wouldn't listen to their team, and end up causing the game to go bad for everyone.
  • Max1Max1 Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7730Members
    Yeah, I agree about cursing. I don't really care about it on my server although I'd like to keep cursing on the voicecomm to the minimum (you never know who's in someone's room, hehe). I do mind racism though as I'm sure most servers do. It's in our rules and I wont even warn people, you do it, you're gone. I think if we have a rules page they should be a compiled list that everyone agrees on, and generalized. Like:
    No Racism
    Listen to the admins, their word is final
    etc, etc

as soon as our webhosting is up(hopefully today) we'll put up forums so we can discuss it there
  • cracker_jackmaccracker_jackmac Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6891Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    yes, our own forums will be great.

/me hopes they don't use this forum code
    Server Info: 100ms - Twilight Eclipse NS v1.03 [NSAF] - 207.44.150.36:27015 - 14/15 - ns_eclipse - ns

Anything else we gotta do till we get that website up? Want me to install that redirector pointing to your server CJM?
  • cracker_jackmaccracker_jackmac Join Date: 2002-11-04 Member: 6891Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow
    nah, its cool golex.

that server we signed up was just bad luck, they are upgrading thier systems right now so it's kinda jacked with our order processing. but as soon as they setup our service MAX will have the forums up and running. We don't need to do any redirects right now, we'll add that feature in later after we establish a set of rules.

speaking of rules. i was thinking a heirchy of rules, like at the top we got ALL server rules, then on lvl 2 admin rules of enforcement and lvls of violation. then we have things that are left for the sysops to decide for thier own servers so ppl know exactly what our purpose is and if they want to be members of NSAF.

Just to clear things up, i am _not_ the leader of NSAF, nsaf is a complete democracy right now. once it gets bigger we'll have like a council to run it, but it still will not have a leader. i don't believe in "leaders" because if you give too much power to a person, that person will become corrupt. so i have poof the owener of the channel, Max the owner of the web service, i'm the owner of the DNS name, and you write our unique plugins golex. We still need a member to be our webadmin though, because it seems that none of us can do webpages. lol, kinda ironic.

but soon we will stop discussing it here and in our own forums.

i thought of a logo just now as i was typing this: We do this for the better life of Natural Selection.

i thought it was cool because that saying we all are doing it so natural selection will stay around with quality servers and admins. But we are not a sanctioned or told to do it, we want to.

i dunno, just another idea.
  • greydmiyugreydmiyu Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9234Members
    If you want I can dedicate a catagory of forums to it on my server. I just set the forums up last night:

<a href='http://www.dmiyu.org/games_forums/' target='_blank'>http://www.dmiyu.org/games_forums/</a>

Wouldn't take me but a minute or two to add a catagory and whatever forums needed.
    Aye, well you know who I am in IRC CJM, just let me know if you need anything.
    rgr that golex

greydmiyu: its ok, we'll have our own boards up soon.

we do have an IRC chan though (working on getting it registered but we need the website first)

#nsaf on irc.gamesnet.com
  • BioHazardBioHazard Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7495Members
    cursing is something i do not allow on my server.. have a kid 12 yrs old he plays there and him mama would kick my backside if she heard or saw it.

whats your guidelines so far?
    i might be interested in hooking up with you.. i have alot of people overflowing i can see em hitting the server but its full (1 reserved) so it would be nice to have an overflow server to toss them down on.
    edited January 2003
    Yeah I finally recieved the hosting account email at 1am last night, so hopefully the forums will be up by the end of the day. I'll install the forums and just make like a temporary main page but someone will need to make the site, I suck at making websites.
    PS I also already changed the name servers for our domain, just waiting for them to propagate...
  • BioHazardBioHazard Join Date: 2002-11-07 Member: 7495Members
    take a peak at my clan page. I could talk to our Webby see if he would be interested.
    He is a php sql guy.

<a href='http://www.clan-dg.net' target='_blank'>http://www.clan-dg.net</a>
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    NOTE: I tried to post this reply yesterday, but the forums went down just as I hit the reply button. Just my luck.

I think calling the official rules the "Official Charter of the NSAF" or something else to that
    effect would sound a lot cooler. Here's my version:

1)No racist or otherwise derogatory slurs of any kind (I have a plugin that slaps you every time
    you say the word "fag").
    2)No use of exploits, hacks, or cheats of any kind.
    3)No "Llama-Like Behavior" or any other kind of derogatory harrasment. If you think we might
    think it's stupid, it probably is.
    4)Respect the admins.
    I don't use standard speech filters, as they are an uncreative solution to smacking down lamers.
    As mentioned above, I have a more reactive plugin that can do all sorts of things to those that
    deserve it.

Any infractions will be dealt with accordingly as seen fit by any admin present.

Another cool idea is that super-administrators of servers (i.e., the guy that runs the box) would
    have guest-admin access in other server that are a part of the NSAF. For example, cracker and I
    would each have full access on our own respective servers, and admin_tsay/csay/etc access on each
    others' servers. This could be a cool way to tie the servers together. Sub-admins of servers
    probably shouldn't have this kind of universal access.

No game-altering plugins, such as lasermod or any of the goofy stuff vooogru made (it's cool, but
    it gets on my nerves when I just want to play a game of unadulterated NS). NSAF should come to
    symbolize equality, fairness, and consistency, not wacked-out servers. Statsme falls under this
    catagory in my opinion, as it really breaks the mood of the game. NS is about strategy, not
    stats; if you want numbers, go play some CS. We could also have a minimum requirement of some
    plugins that help to make the game more enjoyable and playable (such as adminmod and some general
    adminmod plugins, like the ones golex made). Other mods, like HLG, could be optional for people
    that don't like them, and some mods could be allowed but not mandated. If this method is used,
    the website should have a list of plugins that fall under these catagories, and where we can get
    the ones that should be or can be used.

Standard name format of [NSAF] vX.XX Server Name Here, where vX.XX is the version of NS the server
    is running, such as v1.03.

I'm not sure if we should have all public servers, some private servers, or even some clan
    hosting. Input would be nice.

Basically, we should have a uniform outline for the different servers that creates an atmosphere
    of regularity while still allowing enough difference to make servers unique.
    UPDATE: our forums are almost done (we are securing them against hackers at the moment)

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I think calling the official rules the "Official Charter of the NSAF"<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i like it!

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->1)No racist or otherwise derogatory slurs of any kind (I have a plugin that slaps you every time
    you say the word "fag").
    2)No use of exploits, hacks, or cheats of any kind.
    3)No "Llama-Like Behavior" or any other kind of derogatory harrasment. If you think we might
    think it's stupid, it probably is.
    4)Respect the admins.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

i like it, but still WAY too small, there is more. how about this be LVL1 Conduct, at lvl 2 we will have more rules, but more leanient than lvl 1....make sense? just an idea.

i.e.
    lvl1 offensive are dealt with w/o warning
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Any infractions will be dealt with accordingly as seen fit by any admin present.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

lvl 2 would get one warning

and lvl3 (such as foul language) gets 3,5,or 7 warnings before action is taken.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->No game-altering plugins, such as lasermod or any of the goofy stuff vooogru made<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Well, althogh i love voogru's work, i do not want it on my server, but that doesn't mean other ppl don't. I like NS as it is for the moment (voogru, your plugins rock btw). I have "killingspree!" on my server and its fun, but it doesn't alter the game in anyway.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Statsme falls under this
    catagory in my opinion<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    statsme doesn't run on NS anyway. but i do have psychostats on my server updated once a day. and i've found that it helps ALOT because ppl try to stay alive longer (more skill that way) and they play more as a team because thats the only way to survive NS

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Other mods, like HLG, could be optional for people
    that don't like them<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Covert Oral is going to help beta test the new Cheating Death. I suggest that our servers run it in required mode. But this is a seperate debate. that we will hold on our own forums.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Standard name format of [NSAF] vX.XX Server Name Here, where vX.XX is the version of NS the server
    is running, such as v1.03.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    good idea, i have mine at the end, but i guess it gets cut off alot. I'll move it to the front.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->I'm not sure if we should have all public servers, some private servers, or even some clan
    hosting. Input would be nice.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->
    It will mainly be public servers, but private/clan servers may adapt these rules as well.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Basically, we should have a uniform outline for the different servers that creates an atmosphere
    of regularity while still allowing enough difference to make servers unique.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->thats why we are discussing it

Thanks for you input, its been a big help.....no more posts into this thread plz, we will have our forums up in about 2 more hours. at which we will redirect you there. Thank you again.
    www.nsadmins.com is up!! (sorta) but the forums work. thanks NS team.
  • NarfwakNarfwak Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 5258Members, Super Administrators, Forum Admins, NS1 Playtester, Playtest Lead, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Silver, Reinforced - Gold, Reinforced - Diamond, Reinforced - Shadow, Subnautica PT Lead, NS2 Community Developer
    Well, I think I'm signed up on the new forums, but it won't let me do anything. Fun.
    I fixed that, you can post now. sorry, hehe
    I love it all, including the push for more standardization. I'll be on the boards as soon as the DNS propogates.
    edited January 2003
    Try again today, it should have propagated to most servers by now.
  • SuicideDogSuicideDog Join Date: 2002-11-10 Member: 8104Members
    ok.. I signed up.. but ot won't let me post
    if you get the confirmation email it will, you have to click a link i think in the email