Gameplay Mechanics

JKooLJKooL Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11492Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">From hives to resources...</div> Obviously the game weighs on the hive situation, but what if the gameplay was changed in order to work more off resources?

Think about it. If aliens decided to run off and grab all 3 hives, the marines would spend more time guarding and capping res nodes - the additional resources would help tech up the marines allowing them to bring the fight to the hives. Likewise, if the aliens went for res nodes, they'd have the money for the upgrades - but wouldn't have the hives for the evolving species.

I'm trying to tap into something far greater than the few words I've touched upon, but I always feel like resources don't come into play as often as they should (except for the fact that marines seem to always be in a bind for resources and aliens always have more than enough).

Maybe the resources are perfect the way they are though, I'm just starting up discussion. As for 1.1 changes, I think speeding up the resources for aliens is a huge mistake - we'll be seeing walls of lame all over the place in the early game with 2-3 gorges now being allowed.

What does everyone else think?

-JKooL

Comments

• Y3tiY3ti Join Date: 2002-11-09 Member: 7853Members
    Look, simply, you'd need a phase gate at each node and 2 guys to scream for backup. It's a good Idea..HMG And HA v Fades and Onos would be cool. but the mapwould need all it's nozzle sin one defendable place.