Ambient Sounds Keep Looping Bad

includeinclude aka RpTheHotrodDallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
It sounds like the ambient sounds/music is rapping...keeps doing quick loops, sounds horrible. I didn't have this problem before, it started yesterday. I have all my drivers up to date. WinXP, SBLive!,512 megs of ram, and..umm... an equiv of a PIII 600ish

Comments

• twoflowtwoflow Singing Drunk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1950Members, Constellation
    Mine is doing this as well. Does anybody know how to fix it?
  • FireStormFireStorm Join Date: 2002-11-06 Member: 7390Members
    you can try stopsound in the console
  • OnumaOnuma Join Date: 2003-01-18 Member: 12428Members
    Stopsound does not work for the .mp3 files that are played as ambient noise in most maps. I tried lowering the mp3 volume in console, turning it off, anything...no dice.

At least, this doesn't work for ME :-\
    aaaahhh ok you don't want mp3's...

rename the ns\music folder to something else... like ns\_music and the music is gone.
    or you can delete fmod.dll but some other mods use it too (mine does) so it's not a good idea.
  • StilgarStilgar Join Date: 2003-01-21 Member: 12556Members
    hmm

i see that there are mp3 files in the sound/ambient folder as well, together with wav files. so no way im renaming that folder too.

so that leads to the fmod.dll. -is it 100% safe to rename/delete?
    Yes but NS is not the only mod that uses it. Mine for example installs fmod.dll in the windows directory, you'll have to delete them all and NO mod will play mp3's... (or any music, mine plays Mp3's, midis, XM's...)

OR

try to go to www.fmod.org and download the last version.
  • twoflowtwoflow Singing Drunk Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 1950Members, Constellation
    I'd rather be able to fix it and still be able to listen to the music in game. Can you think of any other solutions?