Hlmv Problems

LinkLink Join Date: 2002-10-16 Member: 1510Members
<div class="IPBDescription">is it just me?</div> When I try and load an NS model into HLMV it crashs. It is annoying the hell out of me. Could someone who it works for please list the setting I should be using, and also the name of one NS mdl file that definatly works so I can see if it is the settings or my computer that is crap.

Please help me as I am within about a day of throwing my computer through a window, and its not actually mine.

Comments

• ImaTargetImaTarget Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3415Members
    uhm... no special setting just installed it and i can open every model in ns. could the Grafic card drivers cause trouble? would be my first guess.
  • WindelkronWindelkron Join Date: 2002-04-11 Member: 419Members
    edited January 2003
    does it restart your computer when you open it? it used to do that to me until I got a new computer. AFAIK, the only fix is to do something about changing your video card. (milkshape had a fix avilable that stopped this, it was an opengl thing; I don't think they have a similar fix for hlmv though)
  • LinkLink Join Date: 2002-10-16 Member: 1510Members
    Just had a look, and I can actually open all of the alien player mdl files. The marine won't open however (Figure that one out) either heavy or light. I haven't found any other gmae models that will open either.