Ragnorac

LNXSilverhawkLNXSilverhawk Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14242Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">is based from the map im making</div> Chapter 1
There was a large thud, as the Dropships docking tunnel latched onto the side of the engine
section of the Ragnorac. The metal plating creaked and the ship lerked slightly, which was all
perfectly normal and the 12 marines sat inside were beginnning to grow impatient at the slow
rate the normal procedures took.

The small welders on the end of the docking tunnel cut through the outer layer of the hul within 5
minutes, and were well on their way though the underlying superstructure. The marines we still
sat with the same look upon their faces of complete boredom, matched with an equal amount
of anxiety. Tomo and Gurner were on iether side of the door into the docking tunnel, that was
making its way into the Ragnorac. The pilot and commander Gunny Capo came over the
headsets
"alright people, 2 more minutes till LZ is open. I want a full status check"

"optimal"

"optimal"

"optimal"

"optimal"

"optimal"

"uhhh sir...... My n-screen is reporting malfunctions" said Newark uncomfortably.

"deal with it for now marine, we an get that fixed after we are in and set up" Capo commanded

Newark, was teh newest recruit, fresh from boot camp with no field experience, Capo was
cursing command for giving him a "n00b" on this sort of mission.

The rest of the squad reported in without any complaints, all system checks were done and
the docking tunnel had pressurized and waiting when the last marine finsihed reporting in.
Next to Gurner and Tomo sat Raze and Briggs. The technical genius who can turn a toaster
into a lethal weapon, and Raze the man who can kill a fly with his knife, using it as a dart.
if ever stuck in a foxhole, they were the two people you would want to be stuck with.

After the reporting of the Sanjji incident, similar cases were beaing reported rapidly from the
mongolian systems nearby. No one knew what was going on at any of these places, TSA
Command was giving little to no detail, and was not releasing status updates on the squads
that were out there, many being comrads to the Silverhawks that were now about to bust into
the ragnorac engine section.

"Hera, Eclipse, Bast, Tanith, Sanjji are all teh ones I heard of.. Rumor has it thats not even.."

"Cut the chatter marine," Capo ordered cutting Newark off. "get it together, i want omega
pattern once airlock opens i want full status report immediatly of surrounding area. You
should be situated by a generator thats still online."

The airlock hisses and opens with fast hydraulic whisp and a clang as it locks in place.
The hawks run out in pairs, each securing a area slightly further away from the previous
marines. Tomo and Gurner sprint out then slam their backs against the walls on iether side
of the makeshift airlock.

"Clear!!!" They call in unison.

The remaining marines flood out in pairs, stopping at the edge of visibily of the nearest
marines. After each pair reaches their position they call "Clear!!!" The room is secure,
and Capo comes over the headsets,

"Briggs drag out that power cuplink, time to set up camp"

Comments

• LNXSilverhawkLNXSilverhawk Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14242Members, Constellation
    ok next chapter here too hope you all like it.. feed back would be greatly appreciated. this is a shorter chapter.

Chapter 2

An hour had passed and the Command Chair was just being finished jacked into the
    fusion reactor. They didn't expect to have such a plentiful supply of energy, so Briggs
    had to build a transformer from a couple computers that appeared to be waiting to be
    installed into the ragnorac System on a raised platform opposite their entrance.

The room was square, with a raised L shape platform on the north side against the wall.
    In the middle of the room was the generator, glowing green, in a pulsating and regualted
    pace with a constant hum, which was the stabalizers that ran all the way around it. The
    raised platform was L shaped, for where it would have been square, was a platform
    leading down to a door saying central access. In the right hand corner of the room was small
    maintenance shaft, with a grate and welded shut.

The was a jolt from teh com chair,

"patched" informed Briggs

"Good work" he congratulated in a monotone voice, as he climbed in.

The lights came on in the room, making all the marines squint for a few moments after
    being in the dark with only the green glow from the generator as light. When they regained
    their vision, they surveyed their "Camp". Multiple system monitoring computers, tons of
    repair equipemnt including 2 welders, and a Main Computer Access Terminal.

"Briggs, hook me into that terminal, see what I can pick out of the system..... if there is
    anything left of it" Capo came over the headsets.. slightly louder than before, enough to
    irritate a couple of marines.

Tomo, Gurner, Briggs and Raze, take those welders open up teh maintenace access
    and let Briggs work her wonders in there"

"yessir" was the common response

"The rest of you clean this place up. See what can be slavaged and used immediatly,
    the rest put in a pile for Briggs when she gets back" as a rectangular box drops from the
    ceiling, Capo continues, " Someone get over there and build that, so I can process the
    floor maps i downloaded from the computer and piece them together, to get your motion
    tracking to work right."

Newark rushes over and complies with Capo's orders.
    "We're finished here" he states "Roger That" he hears back.

With that, heavy clang resonates through the room, Gurner and Tomo had dropped the Grate
    and before it hit the floor they had put teh welders over their shoulders and had their LMG's out
    and aimed int the shaft... "all clear" Tomo reported with that they entered the shaft as a marine
    started complaining about not having his Serieux, then was cutt off by the commander.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    Bravo, excellent start

you misspelled "the" a couple times

I liked the reference to the maps, very cool

I wanted some action, and try to get the spacing to line up, that got somewhat bothersome after a while

good work, I look forward to reading the rest of the story
    keep it up