Which Is Better?

2»

Comments

• SilentMurdererSilentMurderer Join Date: 2002-10-30 Member: 1751Members
    and karlos, Be nice
  • ChackleChackle Join Date: 2003-01-24 Member: 12672Members
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    Well tbh, i've tried neither. And i feel no urgency to do so either.

I'm playing NS, i want NS models in the NS atmosphere. I tend to avoid the modelling forum for this reason, the amount of original work happening is disappointingly low. It's all other game conversions or, annoyingly, CS conversions.

So come on, you've all proven you're great modellers, lets see some great original stuff happening.

In short, if i wanted AvP, i'd play AvP, if i wanted SC, i'd play SC. I'm playing NS, and i want NS.
  • Psycho-Kinetic_Hyper-GeekPsycho-Kinetic_Hyper-Geek Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9243Banned, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--::esuna::+May 17 2003, 12:46 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (::esuna:: @ May 17 2003, 12:46 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Well tbh, i've tried neither. And i feel no urgency to do so either.

I'm playing NS, i want NS models in the NS atmosphere. I tend to avoid the modelling forum for this reason, the amount of original work happening is disappointingly low. It's all other game conversions or, annoyingly, CS conversions.

So come on, you've all proven you're great modellers, lets see some great original stuff happening.

In short, if i wanted AvP, i'd play AvP, if i wanted SC, i'd play SC. I'm playing NS, and i want NS. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Then why the **** are you here?
  • LazerLazer Join Date: 2003-03-11 Member: 14406Members, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
    I don't know how these people like zerg models more. They look like pokemon or something like that. It looks like one big cartoon. The AvP models look much more realistic and evil if you ask me.
  • MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Psycho-Kinetic Hyper-Geek+May 17 2003, 01:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Psycho-Kinetic Hyper-Geek @ May 17 2003, 01:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Then why the **** are you here? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Because he wants interesting new <i>NS</i> models, maybe?
  • esunaesuna Rock Bottom Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15175Members, Constellation
    <!--QuoteBegin--Souris+May 17 2003, 02:29 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Souris @ May 17 2003, 02:29 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Because he wants interesting new <i>NS</i> models, maybe? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Exactly.

Off-Topic-ish: Anyone else sick of the influx of SC or AvP models and actually want some original stuff to come out?
  • MausMaus Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 5599Members
    Well, I'm working on some for the marines and have some good ideas for the Kharaa (I thought I'd do marines first, to give 1.1 and its new alien abilities a chance to come out).
  • Psycho-Kinetic_Hyper-GeekPsycho-Kinetic_Hyper-Geek Join Date: 2002-11-18 Member: 9243Banned, Constellation
    Sorry but your post sounded like you were saying the entire idea of custom models was stupid.

"I'm playing NS, i want NS models in the NS atmosphere." sounds like you were arguing that only the orginals should be used.

As for original content it HAS been coming out. But doing original content has some big hurdles in NS. You have to either design something that fits exactly with the already established theme (Which to me has no point) or you have to have the will to do an ENTIRE replacement pack in that theme.

I've already stated elsewhere that the Zerg models are practice to me until I start working on my own designs which should be fairly soon.
  • NightfireTGNightfireTG Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11508Members
    any kind, as long as it's starcraft-like.
  • KrossfireKrossfire Join Date: 2003-05-17 Member: 16424Members
    I would have to say that this thread it pointless, every man/women has their own opinion, we don't need 3 pages or more expressing that.

Got it? Good.
  • Brave_UlyssesBrave_Ulysses Join Date: 2003-04-28 Member: 15922Members
    AvP2 but only because StarCraft doesn't thrill me like it does everyone else.