A Strange Bug

KageKage Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2016Members
I have an elevator in a map that I'm working on. This elevator is a func_train that starts out resting on the ground, and has a nearby button to trigger it. Once the elevator is halfway to the top, it triggers a door. It then waits at the top for two seconds, and triggers the door again on the way down. This is simple enough; there are 4 path_corners, 1 func_train, 2 func_doors, and 1 func_button. However, the elevator disappears as soon as it moves off of the ground. I can still stand on the elevator as if it were there, and it follows the path I have set up for it, along with triggering the door properly, but it is invisible.

This has only happened in my last few compiles. The error started to occur after I had moved the elevator to the varying path_corners to see if they were placed correctly, but I undid my translations immediately afterward. Does anybody know why this problem might be happening?

Comments

• CageyCagey Ex-Unknown Worlds Programmer Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8829Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    edited May 2003
    Unfortunately, I don't think there's a solution at the mapping level, but <a href='http://www.unknownworlds.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=4&t=32640' target='_blank'>here</a> is another thread about the same problem.

EDIT: see Ollj's conjecture halfway down for possible cause, which if true would mean the problem would be very tough to fix by modifying the map alone. I know that the elevator in Lost used to have this problem; I'm not sure if it still does, but hopefully this can be resolved in 1.1 since at least one playtest map is/was exhibiting the behavior.
  • KageKage Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2016Members
    It seems strange that the problem only occurs in some versions of the map. I'll see if remaking the whole setup will solve the problem. It's fairly simple, so I'll be able to manage.