Recycling?

big_fat_c0wbig_fat_c0w Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11595Members
<div class="IPBDescription">when? why?</div> I don't fully comperhand all the stuff about recycling i got coupls of Q..
will take a RT for example//
1) how many res does it give u?
2)when u recycle it ..does it give you the res when the recycling is over or they just come slowly
3) how much time does it take to recycle sturcature?

Comments

• LoRDxDeMoNLoRDxDeMoN Join Date: 2003-03-17 Member: 14636Members
    edited May 2003
    not really sure about any of them, but i'll try to give approximates

an RT will usually give you around 8-10 resources, about 10-15 seconds after you actually selected recycle... it'll come instantly the second the RT disappears (if it's under attack, chances are it'll be destroyed before it finishes recycling, in which case you get zilch)
  • cid1cid1 Join Date: 2003-04-17 Member: 15592Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--LoRDxDeMoN+May 28 2003, 06:01 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (LoRDxDeMoN @ May 28 2003, 06:01 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> not really sure about any of them, but i'll try to give approximates

an RT will usually give you around 8-10 resources, about 10-15 seconds after you actually selected recycle... it'll come instantly the second the RT disappears (if it's under attack, chances are it'll be destroyed before it finishes recycling, in which case you get zilch) <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    I agree with that, and I'm pretty sure that recycling gives you 50% of the original price.
  • KazyrasKazyras Join Date: 2002-11-23 Member: 9722Members
    For a time estimate: If you hit recycle as soon as a RT comes under attack by a single skulk, it should be done recycling when it has about 2-3 health bars left.
  • big_fat_c0wbig_fat_c0w Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11595Members
  • SDJasonSDJason Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16841Members
    the only thing worth recycling in most cases is the phase gate.. the second u recycle it cannot be used.... example, if ur forward base gets torn apart... they cant just have all the fades phase into your main base behind the turrets.. and take out the TF (sounds like this has happened to me hasnt it?) anyways... other than that there is one other time i waste the effort recycling'

when i dont need **** at base any more.. and need res for heavy armor/hmg/jetpacks.....
  • SpazmaticSpazmatic Join Date: 2003-05-10 Member: 16184Members
    All good commanders know how/when to recycle, but it's more an art than anything. For example, sometimes it's a good idea for me to recycle a turret after the tfac went down... Sometimes it's not. It may be enough to keep the aliens chomping a while longer, meaning if I don't recycle them, one or two will still be up when my marines get there to relieve the assault (or, if some are under way, most might be!) On the other hand, res is ALWAYS good. So, it's a balancing act, an artform.

However, with rts, if you recycle close to when they start biting, and only one skulk is attacking, you will recycle in time. If it's down 2 bars or so, you won't make it. However, res towers do keep churning, apparently, though phase gates and tfacs stop working (maybe armouries too).
    Turrets don't recycle if the TF is gone or is currently recycling.
    Very odd... I think I must have confused myself then. I know I tend to recycle a few as the tfac is going down, the rest after, and I never get all of them to recycle, but I always assumed that was because the ones that didn't recycle were eaten before they could finish.
  • big_fat_c0wbig_fat_c0w Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11595Members
    this all recycling thing need to be cleared out.. isn't there somewhere in the manual that all those stuff are written??
  • AIRinc_FaReZAIRinc_FaReZ Join Date: 2003-03-21 Member: 14763Members
    nope. ace youve played long enough to know stuff about recycling.
  • That_Annoying_KidThat_Annoying_Kid Sire of Titles Join Date: 2003-03-01 Member: 14175Members, Constellation
    I recycle if there are no marines who can get into range of the res

but with electricity that should be changed...

oh, and if you drop a medpack or an ammo pack or do a sensor sweep on a skulk biting a res node, they will usually stop biting it for a while giving it the needed time to recyle/allow your marine friends to come
  • laggerlagger Join Date: 2002-10-31 Member: 1805Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--big fat c0w+May 28 2003, 09:42 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (big fat c0w @ May 28 2003, 09:42 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I don't fully comperhand all the stuff about recycling i got coupls of Q..
    will take a RT for example//
    1) how many res does it give u?
    2)when u recycle it ..does it give you the res when the recycling is over or they just come slowly
    3) how much time does it take to recycle sturcature? <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Recycling gives you 40% of the base cost of the structure being sold which also negates all research. For example, if you recycle your armory it will not give you rsr's if its upgraded only the 40% of the base 25 rsr cost. Nodes should be sold a little under 3/4 health, this will be sold before 1 skulk can kill the node if he constantly bites. If two skulks are attacking your rsr tower there is no way for you to recycle it in time unless a marine goes over there to distract the aliens while your node recycles. Also, some people believe that you get rsr's right when you click the recycle button which is a huge mistake for anyone that didnt know.
  • eggmaceggmac Join Date: 2003-03-03 Member: 14246Members
    And you <i>still</i> can use pgs when they are being recycled.
  • PaqPaq Join Date: 2002-12-15 Member: 10876Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Kazyras+May 31 2003, 10:12 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Kazyras @ May 31 2003, 10:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Turrets don't recycle if the TF is gone or is currently recycling. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Yes they do. I have recycled a turret farm several times after i have losted the TF.
    Mine just stand there, looking downward, firing animation constantly looping (but making no sound), recycling endlessly...

Chances are, your turrets didn't recycle after the TF went down, they just got killed. They die REAL fast when they're not killing/scaring away anything.
    Very possible, I've stopped comming 1.04 because most of the time, I don't get a good enough marine team to try anything besides the standard fare (or, they may be good enough, but they'll complain a lot)... However, I'll try it out sometime, turrets not recycling after the tfac goes down does make sense.

<!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->And you still can use pgs when they are being recycled. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Thus far, I've never seen a fade run through a recycling pg... However, nor have I been on the receiving end.