Is The Pistol Overrated?

2»

Comments

• SandmanXOwPSandmanXOwP Join Date: 2003-08-13 Member: 19644Members
    the pistol is always my favourite to turn to whenever my lmg clip runs out(not that i have much of a choice).. i'd rather empty my pistol clip rather than hide away to reload my lmg painfully waiting for the skulk to realise that i'm out.. anyway, the pistol is a very effective weapon and at times and certain situations, it can completely replace the lmg.. but it depends on the individual actually..
  • elchinesetouristelchinesetourist Join Date: 2003-06-29 Member: 17775Members
    edited August 2003
    pistol RoF is more than 6.

It would take Flayra to convince me otherwise, and then I'd still need proof that the pistol actually works that way, rather than, it was meant to be that way and even Flay says so but it isn't.

I have used various watches and metronomes. I'm pretty sure I can get in at least 7/second, probably 8. This may seem obsessive but it's not that hard to find a watch or a metronome. Furthermore I am sure of this and cannot stand people misinforming each other b/c of their own.. n/m
  • includeinclude aka RpTheHotrod Dallas, TX Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12027Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow
    edited August 2003
    well, if you don't go crazy with the pistol, it can be quite good.

I've sniped QUITE a few times with it, wish I had demos of some of them....awesome shots.

Now, these arnt...much...at all, really, but it does show that aimed shots with a pistol is better than going beserk (at least the shots does, heh)

<a href='http://www.darkspireclan.net/Hotrod/ns.zip' target='_blank'>demos</a>
  • MajinMajin Join Date: 2003-05-29 Member: 16829Members, Constellation
    I load up my LMG to 150 rnds and my hanggun to full (30) I use the hand gun as my primary and switch to LMG when I am out of ammo with the Handgun.

I really wish you could drop your knife, I find it can get in the way when I switch weps..... Maybe I need to bind a key to "Last Inven".
  • Trojan2Trojan2 Join Date: 2003-01-14 Member: 12290Members
    1st of all, There was no cap on the RoF of pistol in v1.4. I dont know about v2 but i do know that with clivking the fastest I have been able to unload is apx 1-2 seconds (much slower then 1.4)
    I use my pistol as my primary unless im taking alot of corners. I feel the pistol is kinda like a standoff weaapon great damage potential but its limited on shots and to slow for up close work. The LMG which is patterned off a cezk submachine gun is mor like a close combat weapon. I LIKE how its in accuret, it works like a shotty alsmost. If my aim is on he will die, if im a little off Ill still do seroise damage.
    consider this, lev0 pistol will blast a no carapaced fade down to 110health which makes it easy meat for an upclose duel with my LMG.
  • elchinesetouristelchinesetourist Join Date: 2003-06-29 Member: 17775Members
    I post some stupid **** late at night. Anyhow one way to test the RoF is to try scripting. Maybe scripting is disabled now, I do not know. But that can give a good example of just how fast the pistol can shoot. Anyhow it's not such a big deal as emptying your pistol too quickly is a bad idea if you don't have godly aim. And I can empty the pistol same as in 1.04, so whether I'm slow or fast shouldn't matter in this respect to me.