Phase Tech

big_fat_c0wbig_fat_c0w Join Date: 2002-12-30 Member: 11595Members
<div class="IPBDescription">amm....</div> Does anyone know why i can reserch phase tech more then once.. i mean does it give me anything.. maybe it's answered somewhere i dunno and if so then just point me to the thread but.. i looked and it's nowhere to be found.. so why?

Comments

• MasterShakeMasterShake Join Date: 2003-04-20 Member: 15699Members
    The only reason why I could see you doing it is if you have tons of res. Then, if you lose one observatory, you will still be able to immediately place phase gates as there's another obervatory with phase gate research complete. Otherwise, waste of res.
  • SpazmaticSpazmatic Join Date: 2003-05-10 Member: 16184Members
    It's fun, is why! I honestly don't think there's a real reason, aside from the fairly minor point MasterShake made... I, however, enjoy researching phase tech at every obs I have once the game's more or less decided. Marines always go, "Wha?" as the phase tech spams their screen.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    edited August 2003
    wha? or +popupmenu mouse up right left-click?
  • ElvenThiefElvenThief aka Elven Thief (ex. NS Programmer) Join Date: 2002-11-15 Member: 8754Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    Being able to reresearch phase tech is a bug that got into release. At the moment, time was short and anybody who's researched it once should have enough sense not to again, I hope.
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->Being able to reresearch phase tech is a bug that got into release.<!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

It's a great bug then!

It's fun spending 300 res at the end of one of those funky games where teams are stacked clicking every obs you have's phase research.
  • ZiGGYZiGGY Join Date: 2003-01-19 Member: 12479Members
    phasetech spamming makes baby jesus cry.
    <!--QuoteBegin--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> </td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin-->phasetech spamming makes baby jesus cry. <!--QuoteEnd--></td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Baby Jesus really shouldn't be hanging out on Khaara infested colonies.