Warhammer 40k

Psyco45Psyco45 Join Date: 2002-06-17 Member: 789Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Need imperial guard tanks. read first</div>Wan what is up with warhammer 40k?  They have recently remodeled the necron and gave them a new codex and now they are awsome they are worse than space marines and tau combined.  My friend just got into warhammer with in the last week and he has already got a 2200point army!  I play imperial guard and yes they do have their down fall but still I am not even close to this n00bs army size in point.  I i added up the point and it turns out that I could add 5 more tanks at 200 points a peice to my army, too meet his size in points.  This is crazy. any one wanna sell me some tanks im looking for a deal.

Comments

• Darth_MooDarth_Moo Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 83Members
    do what i did when i was playing 40k

"see this lunchbox? this is a <insert tank name here>"

"now this particular square of cardboard is <insert hero of doom here>"

saves time, saves money. it has been a long time sinse i have touched that particular hobby, but i do remember it is INCREDIBLY expensive to collect an army of any size
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu Anememone Join Date: 2002-03-23 Member: 345Members
    yah, if you are in it for the strategy and the wargaming, screw WYSIWYG and use shoeboxes.
  • Evil_bOb1Evil_bOb1 Join Date: 2002-07-13 Member: 938Members, Squad Five Blue
    i stoped 40k about 2-3 years ago when the prices grew, and recently i just picked a white dwarf and *wow* they've changed soooo much, your right the new tyranids/tau/necron rock but i wont restart an army, its become so expensive in france.
  • TheGunSlingerOmegaTheGunSlingerOmega Join Date: 2002-07-24 Member: 990Members
    You want to know a expensive board/strategy game, Mechwarrior the original box release. I use to have that game and spent a large chunk of my parents fortune on modeling for it (Without actually letting them know what the money was for). Those where the good ole days sending in a squadron of Cammandos against a army of striders and having a good ole bout with a friend.

"death from above!"