Help me with op4

Hicks-AiensHicks-Aiens Join Date: 2002-07-08 Member: 896Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Installers rnt workin</div>ive got retail CS and the installers say that i dont have HL installed.  HELP!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• DOOManiacDOOManiac Worst. Critic. Ever. Join Date: 2002-04-17 Member: 462Members, NS1 Playtester
    that's because you don't have half-life installed silly :P

you might need to make a dummy /valve/ folder full of dummy files, a dummy hl.exe or something, I dunno. If it checks for registry entries then you are just screwed.

If you really wanna play it, why not pick up HL for $10 in a bargin bin?
  • ScytheScythe Join Date: 2002-01-25 Member: 46NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators, Constellation, Reinforced - Silver
    Opposing Forces checks the regestry for a few keys that HL makes during install. I know this because I recentlly formatted but I copied my HL dir onto another HD before the clean. I then copied it back after the installation of XP and ran HL. It asked me for my CD key, which it stashed in the regestry somewhere, and then ran fine. I then tried to start up Opposing Forces from ingame, it poped up errors so I decided to reinstall Opposing Forces. No Go. the Opposing Forces installation couldn't see the reg keys that HL places on install.

Creating a dummy valve folder probably (definatly) won't work. I suggest you do the rounds of your local software stores and try to pick it up cheap.

--Scythe--
    <a href="mailto:the_only_scythe@subdimension.com">the_only_scythe@subdimension.com</a>