Pics.

2»

Comments

• ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    In case you are wondering how/why I did the vents like I did yoda, here's what I kept in mind:

The vents had to be placed so that a skilled alien could always be one step ahead of marine movement.

The vent's aren't located above too many vital areas, such as nodes. I've seen what that does to great maps, take ns_lost for instance. Once aliens are at two hives, aliens can just go gorge and bile bomb every single node on the map. Not too cool.

Vents should only be for prevention, and not actual in-the-moment action itself.

Next, I made the vents with this in mind: For every area the marine had to take the long and tedius way through, the alien could skip it with a vent.

And finally, I made the vents with the idea that they could cross from one side of the map to the other in no time flat.
  • ssjyodassjyoda Join Date: 2002-03-05 Member: 274Members, Squad Five Blue
    yeah, i noticed its much quicker to get from one side to the other now. Thnx a lot. Ive made the changes u suggested, and a few others. Now its resubmitted to flayra, hope he doesn't get angry that I submitted it twice in a week, or is it 2. hmm, oh well.
  • ForlornForlorn Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2634Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin--ssjyoda+Oct 9 2003, 07:10 PM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (ssjyoda @ Oct 9 2003, 07:10 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> yeah, i noticed its much quicker to get from one side to the other now. Thnx a lot. Ive made the changes u suggested, and a few others. Now its resubmitted to flayra, hope he doesn't get angry that I submitted it twice in a week, or is it 2. hmm, oh well. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Whoa whoa now, we shoulda PT'ied it first with me...
  • ShaskShask Join Date: 2002-12-18 Member: 11083Members
    thats nice yoda..i like the 1st 4 pics the most..keep it up..
  • BlackPantherBlackPanther Join Date: 2002-02-11 Member: 197Members
    I like it.
    plz post links to larger shots.