Minimalist Crosshair

EshockEshock Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13462Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Anybody know of any</div> Hey, I don't know much about creating crosshairs, but I'm looking for a minimalist version of the current ns crosshairs. Ideally, I'd like something that shows the cone of fire of each weapon, but without all the extraneous stuff the default crosshairs have. Any help would be appreciated.

Comments

• VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
    I could help you with this, I'll try to have a preview within the day.
  • RoscoeRoscoe Join Date: 2002-11-29 Member: 10221Members
    Making custom crosshairs or importing them from other mods is fairly easy once you get past the first couple failed attempts. <a href='http://home.earthlink.net/~dragcity/sprites.htm' target='_blank'>This tutorial</a> is a good place to start. (Some other nice tutorials there, too.)
  • EshockEshock Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13462Members
    Thanks for the help guys.
  • VerthandiVerthandi Join Date: 2002-12-12 Member: 10687Members, NS1 Playtester
    edited October 2003
    Here's something I just put together, simple and effective, with no gimmicks at all.

The download is very 'minimalistic' (and thus, quick to download), so I did not bother posting any previews. You can see a preview of the crosshairs inside the .zip file.

Extract to your <span style='color:green'>/ns/sprites</span> folder, backing up the original files, if necessary.

If you like, I can also make the crosshairs larger to really compensate for the bullet spread.
  • MorgothMorgoth Join Date: 2003-02-04 Member: 13096Members
    there was a zip released a while ago that replaced all the fancy new xhairs with the old ones they used to use, i think they still use them for spectator as well.