Help In Finding Stuff Cstrike Retail

CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
I am currently attempting to learn how to bunnyhop. I searched for a guide and got one, the guide tells me to bind something to script it so jumping is easier (note: I know that most people do NOT approve of scripts, I have tried learning without it, it just doesnt work, so please dont post just to tell me you dont approve of scripting).

The guide says: <i>This script does not make you bunnyjump, it only makes you jump. Edit your Half-Life/si/autoexec.cfg and Half-Life/aghl/autoexec.cfg files and put these lines in: alias +3jumps "+jump; wait; -jump; wait; +jump; wait; -jump; wait; +jump"
alias -3jumps "-jump"</i> I was just wondering where the equivilants to the places where it says to put the scripting line were in CStrike Retail were so that I can get this to work.

Comments

• PhinPhin Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22556Members, Constellation
    Open notepad, paste those lines in, click on save and name it <b>autoexec.cfg</b>, and change the 'Save as type' box to 'All Files'. Point it to 'Sierra\Counter-Strike\cstrike'.
  • CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
    I'm sorry, could you explain that step by step? I'm a bit of a computer moron. Like how do you change it to 'all files' and point it to 'sierra/counterstrike/cstrike.'
  • PhinPhin Join Date: 2003-11-11 Member: 22556Members, Constellation
    edited November 2003
    Sorry. :x

CS doesn't come with it's own autoexec file, so you need to create it. To do this, first open up 'Notepad', (Start - Program Files/All Programs - Accessories), then copy and paste these three lines into it:

alias +3jumps "+jump; wait; -jump; wait; +jump; wait; -jump; wait; +jump"
    alias -3jumps "-jump"
    bind "alt" "+3jumps"

Now click on the tab named 'File' at the top-left of notepad, and then 'Save As...' and a window should open. Near the bottom are two lines that you should fill in thusly:

File name: autoexec.cfg
    Save as type: All Files

And now point it to your cstrike folder, (The location of which I posted above), and save it. Now just start up a game and press 'alt' and it should execute the script, (You may need to bring down the console and type <b>exec autoexec.cfg</b> to get it to work at first, but after that it should work no problem).

Hope that's a better explenation.
  • CEldinCEldin Join Date: 2002-09-16 Member: 1323Members
    That was an extremely explicitive walkthrough, thank you very much.