Changing Propeties Of A Wall.

CrowCrow Melbourne Join Date: 2003-01-16 Member: 12376Members
I was thinking of a cool way to create a door and what i came up with was a wall that was semi see-through and unpassable. When u pressed a button, the wall became much more see-through and you could walk through it.

To do this i was thinking of either having some sort of train that with a huge speed with a func_wall being replaced by a func_illusionary of different lighting, which would acutally work well if i had a slow vertical movement to the wall. But then i was thinking that many people here might know another more simplier/complex way to create a better effect.

Comments

• Soylent_greenSoylent_green Join Date: 2002-12-20 Member: 11220Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    You can use a func_wall_toggle, trigger it and it will be removed, trigger it again and it will comeback. env_render can be used to change render properties of other entities if you wan't to hide the func_illusionary while the door is "closed" or if you wan't to change the render properties from solid to invisible in a few steps and not instantaneously.
  • ConfusedConfused Wait. What? Join Date: 2003-01-28 Member: 12904Members, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Blue, Subnautica Playtester
    edited December 2003
    make two idetical brushes.
    texture them teh same etc.
    now make one a func_illusionary.
    this will be what you see when the door is open.
    so we'll make it:
    render mode: adittive
    render ammount: 25
    the the other brush is either a func_door or a func_wall_toggle.

well yeah