Me

TriPhaseTriPhase Join Date: 2002-11-03 Member: 6110Members, Constellation
edited January 2004 in Off-Topic
<div class="IPBDescription">good o'l triphase</div> hows call of duty ??

Comments

• ZigZig ...I am Captain Planet&#33; Join Date: 2002-10-23 Member: 1576Members
    summary of what people on this forum say:

PRO:
    people say it's good
    very good immersion
    the russian campaign supposedly totally rocks your mother's boxers
    iron sights? i think that's in there. if it is, it rocks.
    realism?
    good squad play. AI squadmates = awesome WW2 atmosphere.
    good sound, adds to atmosphere

CON:
    lots of scripted events, like medal of honor stuff (ie. if you're firing on a house, people keep coming into the same windows, and you shoot them like whack-a-mole, or something.. MOHAA had a lot of whack-a-mole situations).. things like that, i think. people don't like too much scripted crap.

i say try it. my computer is crap.
  • tseepratseepra Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10530Members
    it's nice, worth buying imo
  • AngeluszAngelusz Harmonic entropist Join Date: 2003-07-10 Member: 18072Members, Forum Moderators, Constellation, NS2 Playtester
  • BigMadSteveBigMadSteve Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13472Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Zig+Jan 1 2004, 09:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zig @ Jan 1 2004, 09:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the russian campaign supposedly totally rocks your mother's boxers
    <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Oh it does. Have you ever seen Enemy At The Gates? The first and second missions are identical to it. Haven't completed them yet though.
  • WarriorWarrior Join Date: 2003-02-16 Member: 13624Members
    Just got a question, hows the multiplayer of call of duty.
  • VenmochVenmoch Join Date: 2002-08-07 Member: 1093Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Zig+Jan 1 2004, 09:19 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Zig @ Jan 1 2004, 09:19 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> the russian campaign supposedly totally rocks your mother's boxers <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Its does?

I kinda got bored after the initial 2 levels. Something about wondering around from ruined building to ruined building and then getting mown down by some person with an MG42 isn't very interesting, sorry.

Personally I loved the British campaign. It had many more cinimatic moments and the levels were interesting. But thats me. Oh that and that campaign didn't have an MG42 around every corner.
  • SuperTeflonSuperTeflon Join Date: 2003-12-31 Member: 24893Banned
    edited January 2004
    Warning - May contain stupid small spoilers.

Sounds were great... the Russian campaign was pretty neat (If somewhat stupid... guy with a gun gets mowed down and I can't pick it up even though the Russian officer down there told me to follow the guy with the gun. Instead I have to find some guy that sounds like a Mexican telling me to run around in the open, took me like 20 minutes to figure THAT out), and the squadmates made it slightly better then your average WW2 game. Iron sights were also pretty neato.

However..

Graphics are dated: Nothing truely outstanding I saw... looks exactly like the MOHAA engine all over, just with prettier textures.

Missions are horrendously linear: You only carry two guns and sometimes find a large variety of guns on the missions. So you think: "Hey cool, that means I can customize how I play." WRONG: All you need to get past the missions is a KAR (Or a scoped one if you can) and 'Generic Submachinegun'. There's nothing tactical about this game. You can't decide to run into a courtyard, guns blazing, killing all the Germans, or instead snipe them off a roof in safety, or drop grenades into their MG 42 nest. There's only one way to ever get through the mission.

AI was <b>atrocious</b>, and the scripting swung from 'great sripting' to '**** scripting': Honestly if you're telling me to lay down <b>SUPPRESSIVE FIRE</b> for gods sakes at least humor me and have the enemies I'm surpressing stop firing or duck and cover, not just keep blasting (Especially comical when they tell me "Get the BAR and supress those MG-42s!" Then it wants me to crouch behind this sandbag wall 100 yards away with this massive assault rifle and snipe the germans out of this tiny bunker while the stupid brits run 10 feet in front of the 3 MG42s inside)

Furthermore, the best is when I'm manning a machine gun and after spraying fire in one specific area, I run out and find 6 or 8 dead Nazis lying in a pile where they marched single-file into the gunfire. Finally I can probably place 'My Kills / Squad Kills' ratio somewhere around 50:1. (Every 50 kills I got, one guy in the entire squad actually managed to kill a German) The best is watching a squadmate stop in a doorway and stand there screaming as he gets shot to death. I loved the stationary guns: I was allowed to kill a great many of my useless squadmates without repurcussions.

It's a WW2 game: Very little that hasn't been done 1,000 times before.

It was far from the worst game I've ever played... but it certainly wasn't worth spending $50 on it.
  • kyliegirlkyliegirl Gorge Master Australia Join Date: 2002-12-11 Member: 10586Members, Reinforced - Shadow
    cod was good , needed more levels though...

like mohaa more or less, well it was made by the same ppl so yeah... its still a good play, and mp online is still good if ya into clans. but yea