Ns Motd

cgountaniscgountanis Join Date: 2003-08-10 Member: 19314Members, Reinforced - Gold
Is there a way with AMX to make a pop-up MOTD window either reading a text file or even better CS 1.6 HTML version? Anyone know how I can do this or if there is already an AMX plugin for this?

Comments

• MintmanMintman Join Date: 2003-05-30 Member: 16866Members
    I would have thought the HTML version will be part of 3.0 as that is on Steam. Not used amx that much myself so I can't help you with that.
  • prsearleprsearle Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2365Members, Constellation
    We were discussing this a few days ago in <a href='http://www.modns.org/forums/index.php?showtopic=196' target='_blank'>this thread</a> on the modns.org forums. Basically, while it is possible to get a file of your choosing into a CS-style MOTD window, it has problems:<ul><li>The mouse-cursor is hidden, so you can't scroll or click the Ok button.
    <li>If you do click the Ok button, you get a TFC-style team join menu.
    <li>Once the MOTD window has been displayed (even if you close it using ESC or ENTER), the VGUI windows in NS disappear. That means no res counters, no commander mode and no popup menu.</ul>
    The problems are client-side, so this isn't going to work unless Flayra rewrites the MOTD client code to work with the rest of the NS VGUI. As for the CS1.6 HTML window, I believe that's implemented using VGUI2, which we can't use until Valve release a Steam/VGUI2 SDK.