Need Help With V Models

Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Members
<div class="IPBDescription">plz plz plz plz plz</div> k what i am basicly trying to do is replace the standard ns arms on brigadierwolf's weapons to the arms of his marine replacement but i just cant figure it out,

if anyine could plz direct me to a web site that could help me or tell me here how to do it then it would be much appreciated.

oh and dont direct me to maus' topic on how to make models cause all that tells u about c models is how to edit the origins,

thx in advance

Comments

• JamilJamil Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4829Members
    Converting arms and retaining the same animations? Well, that's a pretty complicated procedure. You have to reassign the joints on the old hands to the new hands. There are like 20 joints on each hand. I've never been bothered enough to do it, but if you're willing, go right ahead.

Try to get away with just changing the texture.
  • Mr_JeburtOMr_JeburtO Join Date: 2003-08-29 Member: 20340Members
    <!--QuoteBegin--Jamil+Jan 14 2004, 07:39 AM--></span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Jamil @ Jan 14 2004, 07:39 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Converting arms and retaining the same animations? Well, that's a pretty complicated procedure. You have to reassign the joints on the old hands to the new hands. There are like 20 joints on each hand. I've never been bothered enough to do it, but if you're willing, go right ahead.

Try to get away with just changing the texture. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    thx for the help jamil, i tried assinig different textures but that just didnt work, at the moment i have alot of time on my hands so i will get started on what u said,

thx for the help once again
  • CaptainChetCaptainChet Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15737Members, Constellation
    Assigning that many joints takes a very long time, and screwing up is really easy. Just take it slowly, and you should be able to do it.
  • CoolCookieCooksCoolCookieCooks Pretty Girl Join Date: 2003-05-18 Member: 16446Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation
    just change the skin if the models(hands) are roughly the same
  • CaptainChetCaptainChet Join Date: 2003-04-21 Member: 15737Members, Constellation
    hmmm didnt he say that didnt work? if im mistaken (prolly) then id go with cookies idea.