Ns 3.0 Stupid Steam

Pyroclasm_InfernoPyroclasm_Inferno Join Date: 2003-05-06 Member: 16098Members
<div class="IPBDescription">HELP</div> i got problem. When i downloaded Natural selection 3.0 beta, and tried to install it, it says: "STEAM with proper ThirdParty mod support is not installed" I got steam but why that comes?

Comments

• JowerJower Join Date: 2003-02-12 Member: 13448Members
    edited January 2004
    My guess is you haven't started steam half-life yet
    You need to have started that at least once before installing

EDIT: And this should be in tech support forum
  • GrillkohleGrillkohle Join Date: 2003-12-23 Member: 24695Members, Constellation
    edited January 2004
    Reinstall Steam. Entirely. That solves 90% of all problems.
    And next time, please post this in the tech support, thats where it belongs, the general discussion is NOT the place for your tech problems.
    Thank you.

*edit* arhhh, too slow
    /me shakes his fists at Jower
  • Pyroclasm_InfernoPyroclasm_Inferno Join Date: 2003-05-06 Member: 16098Members
  • IBTIBT Join Date: 2003-10-22 Member: 21879Members
    a few things.
    READ instructions, it says run halflife and do somethin for a few mins, just do the 1st part of the training exersise and exit, NS3.0 is ready.
    2, if that dosent work, try fiddeling with your STEAM options or restartting steam or computer.
    and finally, if nothing works, reinstall STEAM, i know its a hellova time waiting for the dload, but it must be done.
  • JezpuhJezpuh Join Date: 2003-04-03 Member: 15157Banned
    <!--QuoteBegin-Grillkohle+Jan 30 2004, 05:59 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Grillkohle @ Jan 30 2004, 05:59 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> And next time, please post this in the tech support, thats where it belongs, the general discussion is NOT the place for your tech problems. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    You never get answers there, you have more change to get a reply here.
  • BOZOBOZO Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 3973Members, Constellation, Reinforced - Supporter, Reinforced - Shadow
    You have to run Half-Life first before you can install. Just go to Games>Half-Life and load the Training Room. Bounce around in there for a minute or two, exit, and install 3.0!