Quick Question..

BizZy_9mm_MessiahBizZy_9mm_Messiah Old School Member Join Date: 2003-07-25 Member: 18411Members, Constellation
<div class="IPBDescription">autoexec</div> I just did something and my autoexec jus disappeared. What type of file is it again? And what do I do to make it auto executed. Thnx.

Comments

• MonsieurEvilMonsieurEvil Join Date: 2002-01-22 Member: 4Members, Retired Developer, NS1 Playtester, Contributor
    <span style='color:white'>Artificial de-bumping, please ignore this post</span>
  • CommunistWithAGunCommunistWithAGun Local Propaganda Guy Join Date: 2003-04-30 Member: 15953Members
    create a new text document, enter your config commands in it, then save the file as autoexec.cfg then where it says filetype choose allfiles. It will become a .cfg file.
  • BizZy_9mm_MessiahBizZy_9mm_Messiah Old School Member Join Date: 2003-07-25 Member: 18411Members, Constellation
    Thank you. I tryed to make my autoexec write protected, thinking that I encrypt it, then I got some sort of error and now it's gone. Stupid me..
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Why would you want to encrypt your autoexec anyway? You can set it read-only pretty easy, but that just keeps it from being overwritten.
  • BizZy_9mm_MessiahBizZy_9mm_Messiah Old School Member Join Date: 2003-07-25 Member: 18411Members, Constellation
    I thought encrypting it would make it write protected. I didn't think read only took care of the job by itself.
  • TalesinTalesin Our own little well of hate Join Date: 2002-11-08 Member: 7710NS1 Playtester, Forum Moderators
    Uh... 'read only' as in 'cannot be written to'.

Sure,y ou can choose to overwrite a read-only file, but the system won't on its own, nor allow a program to do it without consent. Any write attempts will simply fail, leaving the file as-was.

Encrypting it, however, would make it un<b>read</b>able by programs, such as, say, Half-Life. Which is a pretty obvious problem.
    <!--QuoteBegin-Talesin+Feb 8 2004, 08:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Talesin @ Feb 8 2004, 08:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Uh... 'read only' as in 'cannot be written to'.

Sure,y ou can choose to overwrite a read-only file, but the system won't on its own, nor allow a program to do it without consent. Any write attempts will simply fail, leaving the file as-was.

Encrypting it, however, would make it un<b>read</b>able by programs, such as, say, Half-Life. Which is a pretty obvious problem. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->

Right, well it was a simple mistake, no need to go beserk man.
  • TestamentTestament Join Date: 2002-11-02 Member: 4037Members
    He didn't go Berserk at all. He -gasp- explained to you!
    edited February 2004
    Yea yea, don't get cute smart ****. Can we close this now?
    My my. A bit testy today are we? Baby want his bottle?
    Lol keep goin buddy, I got all day.
    Okay! You're...you're...A STINKY FACE!
    <!--QuoteBegin-Testament+Feb 8 2004, 10:54 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Testament @ Feb 8 2004, 10:54 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Okay! You're...you're...A STINKY FACE! <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    Lmfao! I'm telling mommy!