Some Comments...

XilentshadowXilentshadow Join Date: 2004-04-01 Member: 27657Members
<div class="IPBDescription">contradict me!</div> look, ive played two times, and i have few opinions, ive only played alienn, and i have been playing 2.0. please correct me on anything.

1st issue. im playing 1vs1 with my pal. I set up offensive turrets in the hall. He comes to the corner, and uses a grenade launcher. its too overpowerd. I think, well, while hes attacking me, ill go and attack his base. I am met by about 20 stationary turrets. i am killed in three seconds. Aliens i think should have some sort of projectile like a grenade launcher? just a thought. also, those mean guns kill skulks in two seconds. I try to reinact the ns trailer by jumping across the hallway with a marine in it. I make it, and sensory tower is there. Then i unlcloak, and jump at the marine. about half a second later, right infront of his face, he kills me with only a few shorts bursts. overpowerd? maybe.
as i think that about 20 turrets in marine base must not be fair, they must think that OCs in all hallways must not be fare. the only difference is that they have a better way to kill ours. eventually, its a stalemate, because i could never take on those turrets.

Comments

• RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members
    There's an option called evolving in your menu, use it.

BTW, grenade launchers are meant to destroy buildings, nothing wrong with it except the big splash range.
  • XilentshadowXilentshadow Join Date: 2004-04-01 Member: 27657Members
    i DO evolve, explain? and im saying, aliens should be able to destroy minigun turrets just as easily.
  • RaVeRaVe Join Date: 2003-06-20 Member: 17538Members
    Funny, because an Onos should be able to handle that amount of turrets.
  • XilentshadowXilentshadow Join Date: 2004-04-01 Member: 27657Members
    youd be surprised. or maybe its just 2.0
  • Umbraed_MonkeyUmbraed_Monkey Join Date: 2002-11-25 Member: 9922Members
    Im going to assume you arent a regular player trying to post nub on purpose..

1) This place is for discussing NS 3.0 beta. You are talking about 2.0.

2) All turrets need the turret factory to be online. Take out this turret factory and your turret problem is over. You can try hitting it with lerk spike, gorge bilebomb, fade acid rocket, or running in to it as fade and swipe it or onos and gore it.
  • ThrillhouseThrillhouse Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 3178Members, Constellation
    Bile Bomb is the closest thing the aliens have to a GL. Use it next time. On another not Natural Selection <i><b>IS NOT</b></i> ment for 1v1.
  • CxwfCxwf Join Date: 2003-02-05 Member: 13168Members, Constellation
    I rather enjoy 1v1 games...

But yes, Onos and Fades can handle roomfuls of turrets just fine, even in 2.0. The Onos isn't quite as immune to turret fire in 2.0 as in 3.0, but he can still usually regen faster than they are damaging him if there aren't any marines shooting at him as well.

I'm willing to bet you didn't bother to get Regen?
  • AtlanAtlan Join Date: 2003-09-08 Member: 20673Members
    just bilebomb the turrets they will go down really fast.