Ns Too Dark --- Unplayable!

JKooLJKooL Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11492Members, Constellation
Hi everyone,

I have just upgraded from a Radeon 8500 to a Radeon 9600Pro hoping that it would fix my gamma issues because NS is so dark, it's near impossible to see anything. I have my monitor brightness and contrast maxed out, and the in-game gamma meter also maxed out.

I have tried lightgamma 1 in the console, and every other console command i could think of, but this does not help. I use PowerStrip to lock the refresh rate at 75, but the hot-keys to raise the gamma do not work in steam.

Does anyone have any suggestions or idea to make the game brighter? I really wish I could play the game without needed to sit in a dark room at midnight just to get wiped across the floor in most co maps because the corridors are so dark.

Prior to steam, I never had this issue with NS. Also, normal halflife, as well as CS and other mods are fine - so I assume it must be a NS problem. I saw a thread awhile back about people complaining how "bright" NS has become, and I was like "WTH are you people crazy"? Just trying to see down a corridor is a chore...

Thanks,

JKooL

Comments