Mp_blockscripts

pGc-ProdigypGc-Prodigy Join Date: 2003-12-05 Member: 23970Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Does it really work?</div> OK. So going by the patch notes for 3.0 for mp_blockscripts it says to set it to 1 to block potentially abusive scripts (wait, special, etc.). However, I've set this on my server(s) and many many people have told me that their scripts are unaffected. Someone joined the server today and said it should be set to "2" to disable the scripts. Is this true?

*note, I don't want this thread to turn into a flame war over whether scripts should or should not be blocked. The variable was supposedly added so that admins could make the decision. Unfortunately (or fortunately for some people I suppose) it's not working.

Comments

• CheesyPetezaCheesyPeteza Join Date: 2002-11-24 Member: 9784Members, NS1 Playtester, Constellation
    In short, no it doesn't work. Its supposed to block "wait", "exec" and some other commands. It does this simply executing on every player for example <b>alias wait</b>, so that you can't use it, because the alias gets run instead of the command. This works for most commands like _special, but it doesn't work for commands like wait, exec, connect, reconnect, disconnect and more. Aliasing them doesn't work.

_special is blocked whether you have blockscripts enabled or not, so really there is little to no advantage to turning it on.