Old Ns Gone!?

2»

Comments

• NeonSpyderNeonSpyder "Das est NTLDR?" Join Date: 2003-07-03 Member: 17913Members
    NS can be relativly easily ported to the source engine for HL2, VALVe specifically designed the source engine to be very Mod-friendly.

heheh, and that was a good comparison to a wife.
  • BryBry Join Date: 2003-01-23 Member: 12609Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-NolSinkler+Jul 26 2004, 01:02 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (NolSinkler @ Jul 26 2004, 01:02 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Is there any place to DL 1.0?

/ME WANTS 1.04...besides I've never played it before, and it sounds amazingly fun. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    i host all available ns downloads on my site including every single ever released client install i can find <a href='http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files/index.php?dir=natural-selection/' target='_blank'>http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files...ural-selection/</a>

ns 1.0 can be downloaded here:
    <a href='http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files/index.php?dir=natural-selection/install/old_versions/&file=ns_install_v1.exe' target='_blank'>http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files..._install_v1.exe</a>

ns 1.04 is a server side patch so unless u will be running a server for it (listen or dedicated) then you do not need it installed but if so dl it here:
    <a href='http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files/index.php?dir=natural-selection/server/1.0/&file=ns-v104.zip' target='_blank'>http://www.brywright.co.uk/downloads/files...ile=ns-v104.zip</a>
  • PogoPPogoP Environment Artist Join Date: 2004-01-31 Member: 25827Members, NS2 Developer, Constellation
    This must be the 50th topic on the matter. Boring.
  • Hologram0Hologram0 Join Date: 2002-11-19 Member: 9303Members, Constellation
    It really was not that good... It was amazing because it was different from EVERY other mod out there, but now that effect has worn off and people want some of the things they see in other games they love, such as competative and balanced play, lower lag, and diversity. These werent really there in 1.04...

LAG was huge. Marines just JP/HMG rush. Every game. and aliens almost always won if jp/hmg rush failed.
  • BalanceBalance Join Date: 2002-12-24 Member: 11457Members
    I think that this is just one of those threads that are based on three(3) things.
    <ul><li><b>Old feelings</b>: When NS was new to me, I got better adrenaline rush from it. Bring back the version - I hope I'll get that rush again!</li><li>Second is community. In the days of 1.04 and early days of 2.0 there was less servers, <b>more teamplay</b> and vets tried to teach newbies using voice.</li><li>Third and perhaps most important is human nature. <b>People fear change.</b></li></ul>But be honest:
    1. You will never get back the feeling of first time, just like your first kiss happens only once.
    2. When community expands, then individuals are forgotten and community breaks up in smaller groups.
    3. Usually people learn how NS worked in the old days. When game mechanics change they feel like something is taken away from them. One example is JP/HMG rush at the old days. It was unbalanced. Good player with high FPS could fly with JP forever, HMG did full damage to structures so that was a ultimate weapon ripping hives down in seconds.

Guess what, old days are never coming back. Carpe diem - sieze the day! Enjoy new challenges and remember past - but don't dwell in it.
  • PriestPriest Join Date: 2003-01-08 Member: 12042Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Balance+Jul 29 2004, 02:50 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Balance @ Jul 29 2004, 02:50 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> I think that this is just one of those threads that are based on three(3) things.<ul><li><b>Old feelings</b>: When NS was new to me, I got better adrenaline rush from it. Bring back the version - I hope I'll get that rush again!</li><li>Second is community. In the days of 1.04 and early days of 2.0 there was less servers, <b>more teamplay</b> and vets tried to teach newbies using voice.</li><li>Third and perhaps most important is human nature. <b>People fear change.</b></li></ul>But be honest:
    1. You will never get back the feeling of first time, just like your first kiss happens only once.
    2. When community expands, then individuals are forgotten and community breaks up in smaller groups.
    3. Usually people learn how NS worked in the old days. When game mechanics change they feel like something is taken away from them. One example is JP/HMG rush at the old days. It was unbalanced. Good player with high FPS could fly with JP forever, HMG did full damage to structures so that was a ultimate weapon ripping hives down in seconds.

Guess what, old days are never coming back. Carpe diem - sieze the day! Enjoy new challenges and remember past - but don't dwell in it. <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    aye what he said.
  • AlcapwnAlcapwn &quot;War is the science of destruction&quot; - John Abbot Join Date: 2003-06-21 Member: 17590Members
    <!--QuoteBegin-Need2.0Back!+Jul 25 2004, 12:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td><b>QUOTE</b> (Need2.0Back! @ Jul 25 2004, 12:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'><!--QuoteEBegin--> Why..............................How............................When

Well I used to be a Ns Player When 2.0 was out then no more internet I finnally get It back for NS and boom Co is out and it sucks in my opinion !!!!!!!WHY!!!!!!!!
    Does anyone still play NS 2.0 anymore before I try to download it on 56k
    :

<b>NS 2.0 was the Best game ever all the turrets all the onos complete crossfire from every marine and turrets it was adrenaline pumping warfare . what are the People thinking no need for update.NS 2.0 was perfect for my style of play and Co is a waste of time the real NS is still there but cant hang on forever. Ppl thats what goes wrong with other Good mods to much Expand Expand, More Balance balance ,NOt even, Not fair </b>

<b> pls dont lose hope </b>
    cant we survive if theres one thing better on side of alien or Marine pls ppl just think and pls listen ...

pls dont flame ethier pls

<i>thank you for reading my Protest</i> <!--QuoteEnd--> </td></tr></table><div class='postcolor'> <!--QuoteEEnd-->
    well, you know there is this little thing called the filter. put Ns_ in it and you only get NS games!

And imo NS 3.0 is just like NS 2.0's style game. They really havent changed the NS mode much...

<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>and imo co sucks too.</span>