Home-made Maps Crashing.

10101011010101 Join Date: 2004-08-03 Member: 30338Members
Hello,

I've recently continued creating a map I started a while ago, but i've also found why I stopped in the first place.. My maps always crash my gfx card.

I'm using hammer and all zoners tools (the special ns versions?). The maps compile and run fine, however after a few secs my comp crashes. Sometimes it doenst crash, sometimes it takes minutes. I've tried the most basic box rooms and they all crash. Most of the time my gfx card can recover (radeon 9500 pro, xp2400, winxp if it helps) but often it cant - crashing the pc.

I suppose I could try on a different machine, but i'm looking for a quick fix if this is a common problem? Otherwise I'll try and debug.

Cheers

Comments

• MendaspMendasp I touch maps in inappropriate places Valencia, Spain Join Date: 2002-07-05 Member: 884Members, NS1 Playtester, Contributor, Constellation, NS2 Playtester, Squad Five Gold, NS2 Map Tester, Reinforced - Shadow, WC 2013 - Shadow, Retired Community Developer
    Doesn't sound like a common bug to me...

Anyways... all the questions go in the Mapping Help and Troubleshooting subforum.