Nice mod, bad crowd

divaddivad Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2691Members
<div class="IPBDescription">Yep</div>This mod is without a doubt one of the best things i have ever seen anywhere.

The NS server that was running was 1 of 2 servers running on one machine.

the other server is a CS server, no stock maps only custom. We have a small group of people who only play CS at this server basically. The guy who owns the place is paying quite the chunk of coin to keep it up.

But we have room for another server and since this one showed promise we gave it the room and BW to run.  What did we get? a game full of pissy newbies And eventually a gloating "play tester" who was going to show us all how it is done. And we cant forget the people who define other people by the mods they play.

of course i am a CS player OOOOH A DIRTY WORD!

what it comes down to is this.

We understand the guy made this for free... thanks for bringing it up... NSGUIDE what you dont get is that we dont run this server for free... you are in someone else's house.

im pretty sure if you are reading this you know who you are.

btw that comment about me having no life... and you just getting back from a date... wow... thanks for that reminder of what it is like to talk to a 10 year old on the internet.

Thanks for sending an ambassidor who can't tell their ### from their elbow to the server. We probably wont run NS ever again.

however i dont speak for everyone over at the dry dock. i only speak for myself... and only from what i have seen... which was 20 minutes solid of newbie hell.

OH this just in
L 10/31/2002 - 21:32:50: "[NSGuide]Humbaba<20><563679><>" connected, address "xx.xxx.x.xxx:27005"

Comments

• FreestylerFreestyler The First NS Fan Join Date: 2002-01-24 Member: 20Members
    Evrybody is new to this game. It was oput just a few hours ago, you can't expect everyone to know it already.

I know Humbadad quite well bing a Guide myself and I must say that all we try to do is join servers and help out the newbsies, as we are all old playtesters (Surley that should tell you something?  Only mature, sensible and trustworthy people became playtesters, choosen by Flayra himself).
  • AamdaronAamdaron Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2753Members
    what do you expect the NS team to do about it? everymod you play your goign to get newbies.... just because your server had a bunch of n00bs does that mean the mod is bad?
    kudos to you NS team fantastic mod
  • divaddivad Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2691Members
    Gr8. you missed my point completely oh well. Last time I checked mature people dont use the "you have no life I just came back from a date and i am cooler than you" line.
    think about that one..."i am a play tester for a game YOU have no life"

and besides. Its just common sense that you dont walk in and gloat about how you are a play tester and you have played for 6 months then tell an admin they have an attitude problem which was caused by the gloating.

good call.

well if we ever do setup the second server as NS he is perm banned.
  • Rico1Rico1 NS Oldtimer Join Date: 2002-05-24 Member: 664Members
    Ill just go ahead an state my opinion right here.

I agree, people should behave according to what the server ops tell them to, if they dont like it, well, they can go somewhere else. But remember this, ALL mods get bad people on the first day, specially a mod like this one who has been so hyped up (and it deserves it, it was AMAZING) so i did expect to have quite a few run ins with lamers and the such. However, im not worried. Why? because i know that complicated mods attract mature people, a little 10 year old (no offence to anyone that age) may not be interested in a mod where you have a tech tree and have people screaming at your for weapons all  day. They might not be  too thrilled about having upgrades and all sorts of complicated new things, and in the end, the best of the best will probably stick around.

If not, well, you can always find some friends to play with on a private server or a pub.
  • TickTockTickTock Join Date: 2002-05-13 Member: 608Members
    divad seems to be convinced that this was some sort of ambassador of the NS team.  Why I don't know, especially since anyone can wear nearly any name.
    well there is his WON ID tick. go play Match the WON ID.
    Ok can someone lock this post before it goes down in flames? I think we all get it now

MOD = = bad ###

NSGUIDES being pushy = = bad

Newbies = = silly
  • Johnny_BlaqueJohnny_Blaque Join Date: 2002-09-26 Member: 1339Members
    I'm sorry but when I played I never met anyone annoying or pushy or anthing bad.  Everyone I play with is usually nice and polite.  Hey, I've joined those CS server thiings before and never met anyone bad there either, whats peoples problem against them?
  • QUADQUAD Join Date: 2002-07-17 Member: 963Members
    Alright guys, I wasn't there, but apparently there was a squabble between a server admin and an NS guide, correct?

Alrighty then. Divad, I agree, we've seen some pretty crpatastic people playing, and because they're craptastic doesnt mean they're CS players. Hell, I play CS.

BUT, I don't agree on the fact that you should instantly jump at OUR community now, this is the first day, and about 2% of people playing have been activly following this mod. If you look back at the forum history, about 70-80% people on this forum signed up yesterday. Hence, most all of the people are n00bs. Everyone playing actually, is a n00b, except for PT's/Dev's (Whom you SHOULD respect, they have been playing and balancing this for a looong time, and were chose becuase of their mature-ness and love of the Mod)

So, the point is, yes, the people playing now stink. Thats becuase people arent used to having to ask for weapons, or work for their resource points. In the end, only those who enjoy the mod and its workings will be left, and we will have a community of grown up and mature indaviduals. It jsut takes time.

Remember, CS wasn't built in a day... errr... somthing..
  • DuragusDuragus Join Date: 2002-11-01 Member: 2457Members
    I'm gonna catch a lot of crap for this, but for the discussion, I'm pretty sure at least half of the Half-Life players are pissy "newbies." Or as they like to say "old school hardcore."